“Excellent chowder and lobster roll”
Review of Golden Boy Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Boy Restaurant
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We tried a couple of these cheap seafood/fast food restaurant types during our week of vacation in Cape Cod. Goldenboy was my second choice overall. To my opinion, this place is good enough for lunch but don't expect a wonderful or romantic moment there for dinner.

Pros are :
*Cheap
*Chowder is excellent
*Fast service
*Freshness of the food
*Lunch here would be nice

Cons are :
*Too much fried plates, greasy
*Menu is confusing (my girlfriend ordered a shrimp roll and it was a fried shrimp roll) Even though is was never indicated!
*Ugly place but clean

Reviewed 6 July 2010

very heavy fry batter, extremely greasy, soggy fries, dirty, and i hate counter service!

Reviewed 15 July 2009

When we pulled in at about 8pm there was only one car in the parking lot so I was a little leary about eating here but I had read reviews that said it was good so we went in anyway.
You order at the counter and then pick a table to sit at. There was only one table taken so we sat down and waited. When your food is ready they bring it to your table and it didn't take long to get our food. I got the fried scallop plate with fries and there were plenty of scallops and they were delicious. My wife got the fried seafood plate (haddock, shrimp, scallops, clams, fries) which had a huge amount of food! I tried all of her seafood and it was all very good. I almost forgot but both plates also come with onion rings. The batter is very light and all the seafood was fresh and cooked perfectly!
I've eaten at plenty of seafood restaurants over the years and this was one of the better ones! I wish it wasn't so far from my house.

1  Thank yawl52
Reviewed 21 September 2008

goldenboy has been around a long time and has always been known as a local favorite, but in recent years as familiar faces disappear, so do the bargain prices that drew in the locals.

Reviewed 20 September 2008

We go here for fried seafood everytime we are in town. It is the best fried food I've had. Everyone i recommend it to loves it. Not a fancy place just clean and comfortable for a casual meal.