“Really great seafood!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Boy Restaurant
Reviewed 15 July 2009

When we pulled in at about 8pm there was only one car in the parking lot so I was a little leary about eating here but I had read reviews that said it was good so we went in anyway.
You order at the counter and then pick a table to sit at. There was only one table taken so we sat down and waited. When your food is ready they bring it to your table and it didn't take long to get our food. I got the fried scallop plate with fries and there were plenty of scallops and they were delicious. My wife got the fried seafood plate (haddock, shrimp, scallops, clams, fries) which had a huge amount of food! I tried all of her seafood and it was all very good. I almost forgot but both plates also come with onion rings. The batter is very light and all the seafood was fresh and cooked perfectly!
I've eaten at plenty of seafood restaurants over the years and this was one of the better ones! I wish it wasn't so far from my house.

1  Thank yawl52

Reviewed 21 September 2008

goldenboy has been around a long time and has always been known as a local favorite, but in recent years as familiar faces disappear, so do the bargain prices that drew in the locals.

Reviewed 20 September 2008

We go here for fried seafood everytime we are in town. It is the best fried food I've had. Everyone i recommend it to loves it. Not a fancy place just clean and comfortable for a casual meal.

Reviewed 21 July 2008

This is a great causal place to stop in for some great Fried Claims. You order you food at the counter and then seat yourself. It nothing fancy but the food is great! A women in my party who tried had fried claims at every restaraunt we went to said the best were here. Our party also had the fish sandwich, grilled chicken snadwich and frield sallcops. All we very good

2  Thank kunman
Reviewed 8 May 2008

I had the lobster roll and it was a little on the small side but still good. The onion rings were really really really good. My wife got a burger and it was pretty greasy but I made fun of her for getting a burger at a seafood restuarant. I overheard others in the place at the same time. All of them loved it.

1  Thank Eschlic