“The rudiest owner I have ever encountered”
Review of Golden Boy Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Boy Restaurant
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I have lived here for over 45 years and I only stopped here to get a quick lunch because I was stuck in traffic. I was "served" by the owner, who was yelling at the kitchen staff, the wait staff, and anyone else as he was taking my order.
I finanlly said that I would life him to pay attention to me and my order rather than everything else. He looked at me as if I were some kind of bug and said "do you want to order, or do you want to give me s**t. I turned around and left and will never go there again and will do my very best to spread the word that Golden Boy should never take a single dollar of you money.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

We have been going to Golden Boy every summer since 1999, and this year it became obvious that the previous owner's standards have been abandoned. The chowder used to be thick and creamy, now it tastes like it came out of a can. The fried scallops looked and tasted like "McScallops", and the broiled scallops had no flavor whatsoever. Sad to say, we won't be going back.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

we were recommended to this place by a local. didn't know we were going to a fast food joint. My wife and I had lobster. best lobster I've ever had but the ambiance and service were terrible. we're not locals so when we were asking questions to the staff, like what's a steamer (steamed what? it was clams) they rolled their eyes at each other (dumb tourists). you order at a fast food counter and eat at greasy tables. still, absolutely fantastic lobster, melt in your mouth.

Reviewed 2 September 2010

Food very good but expensive - fried clams and oysters delicious and great wings. Service poor - after annual visits for almost 10 years we wont return. There are other choices where the business is more appreciated.

1  Thank bornnorb
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We tried a couple of these cheap seafood/fast food restaurant types during our week of vacation in Cape Cod. Goldenboy was my second choice overall. To my opinion, this place is good enough for lunch but don't expect a wonderful or romantic moment there for dinner.

Pros are :
*Cheap
*Chowder is excellent
*Fast service
*Freshness of the food
*Lunch here would be nice

Cons are :
*Too much fried plates, greasy
*Menu is confusing (my girlfriend ordered a shrimp roll and it was a fried shrimp roll) Even though is was never indicated!
*Ugly place but clean