“great food, terrible ambiance.”
Review of Golden Boy Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Boy Restaurant
Reviewed 13 July 2011

we were recommended to this place by a local. didn't know we were going to a fast food joint. My wife and I had lobster. best lobster I've ever had but the ambiance and service were terrible. we're not locals so when we were asking questions to the staff, like what's a steamer (steamed what? it was clams) they rolled their eyes at each other (dumb tourists). you order at a fast food counter and eat at greasy tables. still, absolutely fantastic lobster, melt in your mouth.

Reviewed 2 September 2010

Food very good but expensive - fried clams and oysters delicious and great wings. Service poor - after annual visits for almost 10 years we wont return. There are other choices where the business is more appreciated.

1  Thank bornnorb
Reviewed 6 August 2010

We tried a couple of these cheap seafood/fast food restaurant types during our week of vacation in Cape Cod. Goldenboy was my second choice overall. To my opinion, this place is good enough for lunch but don't expect a wonderful or romantic moment there for dinner.

Pros are :
*Cheap
*Chowder is excellent
*Fast service
*Freshness of the food
*Lunch here would be nice

Cons are :
*Too much fried plates, greasy
*Menu is confusing (my girlfriend ordered a shrimp roll and it was a fried shrimp roll) Even though is was never indicated!
*Ugly place but clean

Reviewed 6 July 2010

very heavy fry batter, extremely greasy, soggy fries, dirty, and i hate counter service!

Reviewed 15 July 2009

When we pulled in at about 8pm there was only one car in the parking lot so I was a little leary about eating here but I had read reviews that said it was good so we went in anyway.
You order at the counter and then pick a table to sit at. There was only one table taken so we sat down and waited. When your food is ready they bring it to your table and it didn't take long to get our food. I got the fried scallop plate with fries and there were plenty of scallops and they were delicious. My wife got the fried seafood plate (haddock, shrimp, scallops, clams, fries) which had a huge amount of food! I tried all of her seafood and it was all very good. I almost forgot but both plates also come with onion rings. The batter is very light and all the seafood was fresh and cooked perfectly!
I've eaten at plenty of seafood restaurants over the years and this was one of the better ones! I wish it wasn't so far from my house.

1  Thank yawl52