There isn't anything I could say negative about this place. We stayed in the beach cottage overlooking the bay. The pool was 50 ft from our deck; the beach was 100 ft from our deck. The views of the bay were spectacular! (and because it's the bay, we were told, the water is always very warm)
The house was so clean we could have eaten off the floor; the bathroom tile grout was strikingly white! Every day the maid service came in to tidy up the room, leave us fresh towels, and she even placed the dirty dishes in the dishwaser and ran it for us!
The kitchen had everything- we ran to Stop & Shop (about 2 miles down the road) and bought food stuff we needed for the week. (and what it didn't have- was up at the front desk- I saw a large lobster boiling pot if you wanted to steam your own lobsters- and- I did need 2 lobster claw crackers wich they happily lent me.) I bought charcoal and BBQ'd 2 nights on the Webber grill that each house has. Each house has a deck table with a large umbrella, 4 chairs, and 2 lounge chairs. The house was very spacious and we could've fit another person quite comfortably. (we were 2 adults, a 2yr old and a 5 month baby). The house was cooled by 2 zone CENTRAL air and the WiFi works great.
The facility has everything there! Canoeing or rowboating on the bay- it's there- go get the oars!; a swingset and jungle gym/playground right on the beach for the young ones- it's there; The lounge chairs and beach chairs are on the beach in neat stacks, and the beach umbrella- just go get it at the front desk if you want one! There are bikes- just go to the garage and grab one! There is a small minature golf course- just get the ball and clubs at the front desk- it's all included! (I think there was a nominal $1or 2$ per hour fee for the bikes and canoes) And you can go visit the sister properties- which we did- and use their facilities also- they are all a few minutes from each other.
The hotel is close to EVERYTHING- shopping, dining, activies like jungle gyms, the ferry, miniature golfing, etc.
They have endless activities for the kids going all day long- clowns at the pool, swimming lessons, scavenger hunt, a nature walk, arts and crafts, fishing, kite-making and then flying- they are INCREDIBLY kid friendly. And they are running different events at all 5 Red Jacket facility- so if you want to do the evening beach fire/roast marshmallow at the other facility- just go. (They hand you a schedule of the events for all five facilities upon arrival.)
The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more accomodating. When we first arrived, the 2 bulbs over the stairway were out- they had them fixed within 20 minutes. The staff were all warm and friendly- and had great suggestions where to go, what to do, how to get around, the best restaurants, the best ice cream, etc. I can't say enough nice things about them. And the guests there were all just as warm and friendly! We met a lot of very friendly helpful guests- and a lot of them had been going there for years. One woman told me her family had been going there every year for 31 years. Met another person who tallied 9 consecutive years there; another family been going there for 7 years in a row.
I wish I could go back tomorrow!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family cottage colony with 50 units ranging from one-room efficiencies, one and two bedroom townhouses, two bedroom suites and three bedroom cottages accommodating up to 10 people comfortably. Green Harbor is situated on a seven acre waterfront parcel on Lewis Bay with Mill Creek on its eastern border. With every amenity a family would need to enjoy a most memorable family adventure, the resort features a private beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound, outdoor heated pool, playground, miniature golf, basketball, shuffleboard, as well as boats,canoes and bikes. There are no public restaurant facilities on premise, as all guest units have fully equipped kitchens. The resort is less than five minutes drive to Hyannis' popular Main Street. With its spacious cottages and Cape Cod villas, Green Harbor is the perfect setting for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or reunion party. Kids' Klub, a supervised children's program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, fun clowns, fishing derbie and magic shows. Open from mid May until mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Green Harbor on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Harbor On The Ocean Hotel West Yarmouth
- Green Harbor On The Ocean West Yarmouth, Cape Cod, MA