1,339 results
All reviewsfire pitwafflessalt marshoutdoor poolmoby dickcontinental breakfastjacuzzi suitecape codhard boiled eggsadirondack chairsbottle of champagnebay viewhot tubsmall beachlewis bayair hockeypoolside bar
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

The bayside is well located as a base for traveling around cape cod. There is an ample parking lot.
There is an indoor and outdoor pool, a fire pit and a bar that is open on occasions. There is an arcade room with a pool table, air hockey etc, Looks like it hasn’t changed in years.
The rooms are dated but the beds are fairly comfortable.
The breakfast is not good though. Seems to be a sugar fest with nothing healthy other than limited fruit. Waffles, cheap muffins and bagels, sugar laden cereals were in abundance. Plastic cutlery and polystyrene plates just added to the experience.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
TashulaB, Front Office Manager at Bayside Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Thank you for the review GuidoScotland, Glad you enjoyed your visit with us. I will be sure to bring up your concerns with breakfast at our next managers meeting. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

We stayed here after recommendations from other parents. I cancelled the local chain down the street that we usually stay at as it was $100.00 more per night. This hotel seemed to have all the amenities plus some. I can tell you the place is spotless! Every nook and cranny was clean, the carpets and bathrooms were as well. I even mentioned it to the cleaning staff. The pools were great, with a bonus outdoor fire pit to do smores at after dark. The ONLY drawback is the beds were rock solid. There is no way a hotel in this day an age should have such uncomfortable beds. It is the ONLY thing that would sway me from staying again. Another note, the bar does not serve food per se' they do have a agreement for delivery with a restaurant a couple buildings away, although we did not try it. As typical for an older Cape Cod hotel, the walls and floors are paper thin, so just request an upper level floor if you can do the stairs. I could not find an elevator. Check in was amazing, we were early and let into our room as it was the only one clean! Big thanks to the desk staff for that as well!!!! Breakfast was standard hotel fare, but again, met the expectations we had for the whole stay.

Room Tip: Request upper floors due to paper thin floors
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
TashulaB, Front Office Manager at Bayside Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Thank you Jmarsh15 for the review, glad you and the team enjoyed your visit with us. We hope you did well in the Tournament. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Went for 3 nights, with husband and 4 year old. It was great. I have no complaints. The breakfast was great, I'm a simple breakfast person. The sand is cool because my son loves it and we didn't have to leave. The fire at night was relaxing.
The only thing is that on the info it says if all the beach towels aren't in the room when you leave, then you will be charged. That's understandable except when the housekeepers come in they dont always replace them. So I'm not sure how that works

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
TashulaB, Front Office Manager at Bayside Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for the review juggsmcgee, we hope you and the family can visit us again soon. Our housekeepers give us a list of rooms that pool towels may have been removed and not replaced so not to worry. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Spent a couple of days here last month with my brother and his kids. The indoor pool was a a welcome sight for my niece and nephew since the weather was rainy and miserable during the day. The breakfast had a lot of choices and most people would be happy with the variety. There is also a bar there for people who want a relaxing drink at the end of the day. . It is a nice play to go for families and for anybody who wishes to relax.

Room Tip: If you can get a rear balcony which overlooks the salt marsh.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank markyjol
TashulaB, Front Office Manager at Bayside Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you markyjol for the review, The pool is always a plus on a rainy day. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

We (a family of three) paid for a balcony room, which overlooked the parking lot, so not particularly worth the extra money. The main issue, however, was the stale, musty smell in the room.
I complained to the general manager and he was very courteous, changed our room and refunded some of the value (c25% overall). So whilst my complaint was dealt with in a satisfactory and pleasant way, it doesn’t hide some fundamental issues with the hotel. Ultimately the hotel is overpriced. Ok it’s Cape Cod in the summer, but when paying over $300 per night for a room, I expected more. The interior is like going back in time, and not in a retro chic way. It has simply lacked investment for decades. Here are some pros and cons to ensure my review is balanced.
Pros: indoor pool is great, big parking lot with plenty of space, comfortable beds
Cons: overpriced, stale smell in some rooms, very dated interior.
I also don’t like the main road location, but that’s hardly the fault of the hotel - I could have used google street maps in advance. And also, despite the bad smell, the rooms were clean, so its hard to pinpoint the cause other than the fact that everything is dull and tired inside. So whilst this isn’t a horror story, it’s not a hotel I recommend and I won’t be coming back.

1  Thank Will M

Thank you Will M, I am sorry we were unable to meet your expectations. Every year we invest what we can into the Hotel. We are a privately owned hotel so it does make it harder to revamp everything all at once. We try hard to keep the property up to date and prices competitive.Thank you for staying with us and giving us a chance to make things right for you.