“I was treated so rudely on the phone trying to book this place....”

Travelodge West Yarmouth Cape Cod
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Pelham, New Hampshire
“I was treated so rudely on the phone trying to book this place....”
Reviewed 15 May 2011

The Travelodge is apparently now the Thunderbird. I called to inquire about availability for Memorial Day 2011. First of all the person on the phone could not even give me the correct website to view. He kept giving the name backwards. When I finally did get to the website I figured I should probably verify the info on it. My first question /comment was "Oh, I see you have a continental breakfast." The reply was NO, we have told them to take that off the website but they haven't done so. I then began to ask a few other questions to which I did not get answers to. Instead, I was rudely asked why I was asking so many questions and was told that if I got there and did not like the room not to expect a refund. With that I hung up!!

Room Tip: I can not recommend a room.
Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beachlover03076
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2010

While we stayed here off season I still though it was good value - especially compared to elsewhere in New England. The room was clean and spacious and was quiet despite the hotel being on the main road through West Yarmouth.

1 Thank NewburghLass
Pawcatuck, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We arrived at the Travelodge on a Sunday and stayed 3 nights. The room was very clean,not musty or smelled like cigarettes. The desk staff was very nice at check-in & out. The only problems and they were very small were 1-not enough towels, 2-soap was not reissued every day and 3-being a big Baseball fan(Yankee-Red Sox) game was not on the TV channels that were offered;ESPNU but no ESPN. That's OK though, this motel is on Rte.28 in West Yarmouth and there are plenty of things to do (beaches-Downtown Hyannis-JFK memorial-shopping malls & restaurants nearby! Plymouth is 45 minutes west and Provincetown is 45 minutes east.My favorite restaurant is Sam Diego's on Rte.132 and by far my fave attraction was seeing the seals off the beach in Chatham!

1 Thank OBWONKNOB
CT
Reviewed 23 September 2010

The room we had was very nice, restful, and very clean. The shower worked great. The bathroom was clean. The king bed was very comfortable and offered a good night's sleep. The TV was in an armoire instead of bolted to the wall or on the table. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Colrain, MA
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I had asked for a flat pillow during my stay because thick pillows cause me to have migraine headaches. I asked the hotel to email me beforehand if they couldn't provide them, but never heard back from them. I arrive to find big, thick pillows. Headaches. The front desk did call about 30min after we checked in and asked how our room was. That was appreciated. Anyway, the room was not the best. The bed gave us backaches in the morning, and the walls are paper-thin. We stayed on the second floor where it was thought it might be quieter, but no. You could hear the residents of the hotel next door talking to each other in the parking lot, and outside their rooms (until midnight). The breakfast was ok. The Hyannis ferries are just a few minutes away. High speed internet was great. Overall, the hotel needs updating! Just a TV and a safe in the room.

Travellers are raving about these West Yarmouth hotels