“Decent Stay at the Yarmouth Resort”
Review of Yarmouth Resort

Yarmouth Resort
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Montreal
“Decent Stay at the Yarmouth Resort”
Reviewed 15 August 2005

We decided to go to Cape Cod at the last minute and did not do much pre-planning. I was hoping to find a hotel on the beach but was not able to based on our budget or availability. I stumbled onto the Yarmouth Resort while reviewing places to stay on TripAdvisor. We liked the price and decided to book. The people were pleasant on the phone and gave us some idea of what is around the hotel. We were made aware that we would need a car to go to the beach and that there was a cost for parking at the beach. When we arrived again the people at the front desk were helpfull and gave us more detailed information about places to go and see. The room was a nice comfortable size. The bed was ok but the pillows were rather small for our liking. You may want to consider bringing your own. Towels for showering were plenty most of the time. There is a balcony that we can sit and relax from our second floor room. However, there isn't much of a scenery unless you are into parking lots and tree's. There was a nice outside pool but it needed some cleaning (it was cleaned a few days before we left) and it wasn't heated. The indoor pool was very nice but its summer time and who wants to swim indoors. They also had a fitness room with some good equipment if your into that. We did not try the restaurant on the premises. I believe that it was only opened for breakfast. However, there are plenty of restaurants in the area (even walking distance). I would recommend this hotel. Make sure to to on Main St were you can visit stores, cafe's, restaurants and amusement lots. Go to Hyannis port and make sure you try the beaches in Eastham if you like waves. The beaches in Hyannis, Yarmouth or Dennis had lots of sea weed all over the place. I was not to impressed with that. That should be cleaned on a daily basis. Have fun.

• Stayed August 2005
11 Thank themode
yresort, Public relations manager at Yarmouth Resort, responded to this review, 14 May 2008
Thank you for your comments. We try our best to assist guests in any way that we can.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 July 2004

I made reservations to this hotel by telephone at least 8 weeks in advance (you cannot book online). When I arrive, I'm told that I do not have a reservation. I show them my confirmation number. After MUCH deliberation, they discovered that they 'cancelled' my reservation. I had given them a credit card to hold my room, but for some reason they didn't run it through. They decided to try to call the house 2 days before our arrival and didn't get an us or a machine (our machine was off as we were on vacation elsewhere before stopping here) so they just decided to cancel my reservation. They finally offered to give us a room, but did not have one that matched our reservation. We were completely disgusted and left.
I felt that the staff was unfriendly and that this place was completely disorganized. If you do make a reservation, you better call this place a couple days in in advance to see if you still have a room when you arrive.

22 Thank sandyinholtwood

1.4 km away
Mariner Motor Lodge
Mariner Motor Lodge
#9 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Yarmouth Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK