Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great Fair!

I have been visiting this fair since I was 6. this is a great fair to visit with your family and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
TravelinAunt
South Windsor, Connecticut
Best Fair Ever!

We have visited the Big E twice. We attended the last day which ended with a Beach Boys concert... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Lynette58
Newnan, Georgia

All reviews state buildings baked potato cream puffs new england fair food state fair eclairs dog show rhode island farm animals food vendors lobster roll carnival rides all ages type of food petting zoo walk around
Reviewed 29 September 2015

This was my second year at the Big E. I still enjoyed the state buildings and the food stands. I was surprise about the increasing number of craft beer and liquor stands this year. Great way to wash down all the food sampling there.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

This is not something I would do every year, but every 3-5 years works best for me. If you have never been, you should give it a try. Admission ($12/adult) and parking ($10) is not inexpensive, but there are discounts if you purchase in advance. Lots to see and do: Midway ($28/day M-F); Entertainment; Agriculture; Avenue of States (my fav); Car Show; Horse Show; Crafts; Food & Drink; etc. You really need to plan your visit and see what's scheduled on the day you are attending. It can get crowded, so weekdays and earlier in the day are best times to avoid the crowds. There's also an app for Android and Apple that provides info.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

We went to the fair on a Monday. Was nice in the morning then it got so busy hard to see things. We saw the Asbury jukes they were very good! Was so impressed by the way the bathrooms were kept clean for the amount of people.Great place to come for a day!

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Although in was born and raised in Connecticut, they started the Big E after I left. When I first went to the Big E, it brought so many memories of growing up in New England. It combined the sights, sounds, and food of my childhood!!

Reviewed 28 September 2015

A friend and I attended on Saturday afternoon with the intent to stay for the free Kansas concert. The weather was perfect. We arrived there to find there was no parking on the grounds, we paid 20.00 for a spot at a garage within walking distance of Gate 4. Tickets were 15.00 each. I was surprised to find they now search your purse before you purchase your ticket. It was an uncomfortable experience performed by an equally cold, impersonal individual.

We first took a general walk around to as a refresher to get our bearings, as well as to inhale all the good smells! We both had attended the fair in years past... just not recently.

The fair was fairly crowded,you pretty much moved or were moved by the crowd through the state buildings. Over the years the state buildings have changed, now each building is filled with vendors. I did not see anything in the state buildings from their tourism departments, or as in the past even the Maine Fish and Game Department. It was a little disappointing.There was a fair amount of what I call buy sell stuff in the tents for some of the states. That was disappointing to see mass produced items that were not made in the usa.... let alone the state on sale in some of the state tents.Sorry..... each state should be showcasing their state in each of their buildings.

Food met all of our expectations for fair food. It was the perfect place to be. The smells were great. There were the old favorite standbys.. Philly cheese steaks, sausage grinders, fries, cotton candy, fried dough and more! In addition there were fried Oreos, fried whoopie pies and even a fried Martini ! As well as Greek and Polish food. Wohoo.. what was not to like! ( We all know that fair food has no calories !)

There were a lot of vendor booths/tents ... even a dollar store tent! More than I remembered.There was live music at the Infinity Center thru out the day. There was definitely a lot to see and do..a petting tent place among the vendors, as well as the pony rides and a elephant ride. There was face painting, and palm reading ... not to mention a parade featuring the Budweiser Clydesdales. There were horse shows going on in the colliseum.. A great place to get off your feet and enjoy the beautiful horses with their skilled riders. Storrow Village was as usual.... a treasure tucked in the fairgrounds.

What we didn't like was the strong decline in the overall agricultural aspect of the fair. :-( . Seeing a dollars store tent, or almost being run down by teens on Segways.

Overall, if I had nothing to compare it to I would recommend this a fun day for the family. However my suggestion is to go during the week, arriving early in the morning to beat the crowds to allow you to enjoy the experience a bit more.