“Excellent seafood tempura - must try!”

Yama Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 70 Restaurants in Wellesley
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2015

Everyone was too tired to go out so ended up getting take out - the teriyakis were quite good and large portions with fresh salad and miso soups. The seafood and vegetable tempura was especially excellent! Very friendly service.

1  Thank JWUSA
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 October 2015

I love this place, the sushi is fabulous. I always get the unagi, salmon, seared tuna and so many great rolls to choose from on the menu. The green tea ice cream is one of my favorites. You also can bring your own wine, bonus!

Reviewed 8 October 2015

Very ordinary sushi, pretty much same quality sushi can get in any “Super Market” chain.
Also one order of Toro Sashimi should not cost 18 dollars, needless to say poor quality one.
There are much better Sushi restaurants in 4 -5 miles radius and the bill will be the same or even lower.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

I ordered delivery from Yama at around 6pm , I waited 4 hours and finnaly called them up to find that they were closed and couldn't delivery my food despite me having already payed for it. I went down the next day to get a refund and they insisted that they had a no-refund policy and handed me my meal from the day before , which by then was completely stale and had gone rotten.

Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

I go here regularly with my elderly mother: elevator access is easy, and the menu is reliable. But yesterday I went with out-of-town, well-traveled friends. The bento box is a good lunchtime solution, nothing fancy.