“The worst hotel I have ever stayed in ! Bedbugs!”

Super 8 Watertown/Cambridge/Boston Area
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Watertown
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Me and my son were supposed to stay for one night. I immediately got suspicious when I entered the hotel since it looked so dirty. Upon entering the room I undid the bed to check the cleanliness of the sheets and found very long black strands of hair among the sheets ! In both beds. I started checking the bed closer and opened up the mattress cover and inside I saw the bedbugs! My son and I decided to leave at once! I complained at the front desk and the man accused me of fishing for bad things meaning it was my fault I found bedbugs and I should not have been looking for them ! When you enter this hotel trust your intuition and leave !! Of course they did not give me my moneyback !!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Rose S

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at this Super 8 for 3 nights over President Day weekend 2012. It’s a regular Super 8 motel, clean, gigantic bedroom, king size bed. I haven’t tried their breakfast, but it looked like the usual continental breakfast available in this kind of motels. The area around the motel is quiet and seems to be safe.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rob10065
Reviewed 29 October 2011

The location of the hotel for our family's visit to BU was excellent - only about 3 miles from Agannus Arena where we parked to visit the College of Fine Arts. (Parking at the Arena was only $2/ hr to a max of $10 for the whole day so from there we also took the T (Green Line B) to the Freedom Trail and to the Aquarium.) It was the least expensive hotel we could find for our family which was not too far out in the suburbs of Boston. It was fine for our purposes and had a basic, clean, pleasant room. The person at the desk very cheerfully and helpfully explained about the best way to get into and around the city. It is true that the room was not very big or "luxurious" but this was our CHOICE; we did not WANT to pay $200+/night at a "fancier" hotel. This hotel met our needs well, including a breakfast of muffins, croissants, hot tea, and cold cereals with milk. Again, the LOCATION and a good, safe room for under $100 (before taxes) in the Boston area were the strong points for us.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CFamily123
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Bed bugs present. Lucky we took Melaleuca Oil at $110.00 per night I would have expected better hygiene.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Aegisdobes
Reviewed 29 September 2011

The room was over $100 when I stayed there and there was a nicer downtown hotel for $120 but I needed to be super close to Harvard. I requested another room when I found the bed all crinkled, it looked like someone had slept in it. Both rooms were extremely dirty, the most disgusting element being a brown substance on the tissue dispenser. There was dirt on the floor and behind the bed, everything was sort of sticky. The hotel is extremely loud in the morning. The TV sort of worked but with a bad reception.

The good things I can say about it is the wireless worked and the staff was friendly. But if you're looking for something just to sleep in go to a hostel, and if not, stay away from this one--it's an extremely uncomfortable place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank DriveThru X
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watertown
Freepoint Hotel
Allston / Brighton
Hotel Boston
Hotel Boston
#76 of 84 in Boston

Been to Super 8 Watertown/Cambridge/Boston Area? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK