Lowest prices for your stay
$345
Free cancellation until 06/10/22
Hotels.com$345
Priceline$345
ZenHotels.com$351
All reviews short drive from downtown front desk convenient hotel red sox game easy access the room was nice fenway park target boston proofing cereal shuttle housekeeping roomy checkin ma subway
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2021

stayed here labor day weekend with my family for a trip to fenway park for a red sox game. Arrived late at night and it was a lot of turns to get there off the freeway. if you want good freeway access, this might not be the best option. Checkin was quick. Room was a little small for we thought we were getting but was fine. We loved the bath products but there was no lotion in the room and we had to ask for more towels. Pillows were pretty thin. Breakfast was pretty small. eggs, sausage and potatoes for hot food and basically cereal and danish for cold options. it was adequate but nothing special compared to others. One of the bif reasons we booked here was the parking fee was much cheaper than other hotels. The drive downtown was 15-20 minutes. We would stay here again when in Boston.

Date of stay: September 2021
Grace Corrigan, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello JFG0180,

Thank you for your great review of your stay. We are happy to hear that your stay met your needs, and you found our location convenient. We hope you think of us when you return as we would love to have you back, and see you again.

Reviewed 18 July 2021 via mobile

My family just had a wonderful stay at the Residence Inn in Watertown, MA. The hotel was constructed about two years ago and everything still looks brand new inside and out with a stylish lobby. The exterior is one of the most interesting RIs I have ever seen. Apologies for not including an exterior photo. The two bedroom suite is similar to other RIs with the living and dining areas in the middle and bedrooms on either side. The breakfast is a full buffet with self service. The only negative was that some of the lamps and a phone were unplugged from the wall but otherwise a smooth stay. The parking lot is always full at night so make sure you don’t come back too late but they do have overflow spots which could not be seen from your room even when facing the back. Across the street is a shopping center with a Target and a metro bus stop to take you into Cambridge where you could transfer to the subway into Boston for a total of about 20 mins. I highly recommend staying here if you rather not deal with the hotels in the middle of Boston but close enough to drive in or via public transit easily.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ziggyziggy

Hello Ziggyziggy,

Reviewed 2 April 2021

Can't believe I actually took the time for this.

Background: Stayed with my wife for two weeks while we waited to move into our new apartment.

Where to start?
The room was nice and clean at first glance. It has enough space for two to live.
I did home office almost every day while here and paid for the enhanced internet. I never really new if the request went in. The website never gives feedback, then I realized I was charged 27 times for the internet, had I not been meticulous with this and that would have slipped. Internet keeps disconnecting, even in the enhanced version.

Front desk service is good, they try their best to keep help out.

Parking situation is average, there is usually enough space, but slots are pretty narrow.

Location is great. Easy access to main avenues and a lot of places to shop around.

Rooms are quiet, at the expense of heavy ass doors impossible to open if your hands are busy.
Bathrooms are nice and clean, shower is nice.
Kitchen appliances are great.

Here's what I hated:

They use COVID as an excuse to everything: Cheap breakfast, no room service, very (VERY) limited housekeeping, no lift service.

Speaking of housekeeping, It can only be done in the mornings, one time I was ahving a meeting when the lady knoked and I kindly asked to come later or tomorrow. It was too late for her to come in later. I asked front desk to have the room cleaned the next day since It couldn't be cleaned that day. To my surprise the next day when I came back it had not been cleaned. (I was pissed because that was the only chance that week to clean the room).

Trash acumulates because most people cook in their rooms and there is no good place to toss it.

Only 2 people at the gym at the time.
Only 1 family (I think) at the pool at the time. (Hate public pools anyways)

They "provide coffee in yoiur room" but it's so pathetic I ended up buying a coffe machine and my own coffee.

Laundry self-service is 8 bucks a load, I think it's excessive.

You can tell they are cutting on expenses to bouce back from last year.
I think they could have done better, so a solid 3.5 stars is he tbest I can give.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DiegoR1144
Pearlie Aviles, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2021

Dear DiegoR1144,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Boston Watertown.

These are challenging times as we work our way through the pandemic and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. We try to increase awareness through our website noting the changes in services. We have made these changes for the safety of our guests and staff to limit possible exposure to COVID-19. Our hope is that we will be back to normalcy by the summer months so we can deliver the service that our guests deserve and expect.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during these unusual times.

Reviewed 24 March 2021

“DUE TO COVID” they CANCELLED some of the MOST important amenities. I chose this hotel because it was supposed to have “COMPLEMENTARY hot american breakfast” which was CANCELLED and replaced by a bag with a bread, banana and a juice. It was REALLY disappointing. Then, the housekeeping “due to covid” cleans the room just ONCE per week. AND the shuttle that was supposed to take you anywhere within 2 miles from the hotel is ON HOLD too because of covid. I really think they just use covid as an excuse to cancel things, they should at least CHANGE the description of the hotel to the REAL amenities and LOWER the price. It was been really a disappointment.

The room is good, and the service is really good.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JPS1994
Pearlie Aviles, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2021

Hi JPS1994,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed our room and service as well!

Due to the pandemic, our property has had to temporarily modify operations. One of the top priorities we pride ourselves on is your satisfaction. After some research, we noticed not all of our booking sites streamlined with the updated information and for that we sincerely apologize. We hope that some time in the near future, we are running back to normal again!

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, we truly look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2021

My stay here was transitional housing generously provided by my new employer – meaning I didn’t pay the bill – if I did my review might have been different. I was here for two full months, allowing an unusually detailed look at the operations of what you’d assume was more upscale lodging. After tallying up the good and bad, waffling between a “three” and a “four,” I decided this property earned a solidly three-star rating.

First the good: I was given a corner room on the third floor that offered a scant view through large windows of Downtown Boston far to the east. This was a dog-friendly room in a dog-friendly property, and that worked exceptionally well for my aging chocolate lab (though they charged me $150 in “pet rent” for the privilege). The room design and features appear sleek, especially the large bathroom and roomy shower, which I’ll always miss.

Generally, this appeared as a well-maintained property; the friendliness and knowledge of the front staff varied; the male staffers were always warm and welcoming, while the women more than not appeared cold and rather aloof, especially when my old dog dared to wander behind the large sweeping desk. But all had treats to give him, which I appreciated. During a snowstorm, the staff went out and swept snow off all the cars, which was a remarkably nice gesture. For Thanksgiving and Christmas, we were given little gifts and a special dessert.

OK, now the bad – and for a property of this caliber, there was much too much of that. First the parking lot was cramped and at $20 a day, ridiculously expensive. Some of the rules seemed infrequently enforced, particularly the covered check-in parking where people routinely parked all day (including a Mercedes with “TheGoddess” personality plate).

The worst: Things like rationing toilet paper to two rolls a week.

LET THAT SINK IN: Yes, you had to get toilet paper from the front desk, and they began rationing toilet paper to two rolls a week. Astonishingly unacceptable.

And then there was the laundry room. Traveling across the country with my RV, I had used a great many laundry facilities costing between $1 a load and, rarely, even $3; half or a quarter that for drying. Here, both the tiny wash and dryer machines cost $4 ($8 a small load) – and the washers routinely finished a cycle leaving clothes soggy wet and full of soap. The closet-size room felt like a COVID breeding ground … made worse by the fact that one machine was out of order the entire 60 days I was there (as insult to injury, that machine was fixed the very day I checked out). Exiting the room, one couldn’t help noticing the expansive but rarely used exercise room and large swimming pool that gobbled up excessive amounts of real estate.

The in-room kitchen facilities were sleek and well designed … but the appliances were old and junky. The TV constantly rebooted itself leaving you fumbling with the remote trying to get it back to the TV station you were watching. While the room was relatively quiet overall, banging from the floor above was a constant occurrence.

Lastly, the large dining and bar area were unused the entire time I was there, owing to the pandemic. While that was understandable (and perhaps compliance related), the “breakfast” consisted of fruit, hackneyed granola bars and muffins and tiny containers of juice in a plastic bag. During the pandemic I had stayed in a couple of motels that actually managed to serve a hot breakfast. But at least hot coffee, a machine serving cold juice, milk, cereal, bagels, chilled yogurt, etc. were offered by most of the motels I stayed in across the country.

An upscale hotel like this surely could have offered a little better breakfast offering.

Bottom line, I expected much more from this Marriott property. But I do still miss that shower!

Room tip: Get a room in the top floor in the west wing if you can.
Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Joooles_m

Dear Joooles_m,

I apologize that we fell short of meeting your expectations when you stayed at Residence Inn Boston Watertown.

In order to better uphold our commitment to deliver exceptional service to every guest, from arrival to departure, I have shared your feedback with the hotel team to better learn from your experience. Your feedback and comments is important to us.

Thank you for visiting us in Watertown, we hope to welcome you again whenever your travels bring you back to Watertown.