Lowest prices for your stay
$334
$301
Expedia.com$334
Hotels.com$334
Travelocity$334
All reviews short drive from downtown front desk laundry room yogurt large bathroom convenient hotel red sox game easy access the room was nice corner room fenway park target boston shuttle housekeeping appliances sink
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2020

I had the worst night I have ever had in a hotel. It has very poor sound insulation. I could hear ppl in the upper floor walking, showering, doing things from 12AM to 2AM! It was a terrible night and I won’t stay another night at this hotel ever!

Room tip: Top floor may avoid noise
Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank EricLee1000
Pearlie Aviles, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

Hi EricLee1000,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I would like to take this time to apologize for the noise disturbance caused by other guests. Rest assured we are taking steps to help ensure problems of this nature do not occur in the future. We hope to see you in the future when your travels brings you back to Watertown.

Reviewed 22 September 2020

Stayed here for 2 nights in a 2 bedroom suite. Excellent Value and staff was very friendly. This is still a Covid 19 environment and this hotel did their best to comply with both Marriott's guidelines as well as the state of Massachusetts.
Parking: While the hotel boasted maximum allowed capacity for this Covid environment, the parking lot was quite full. My guess is that in the past, half the guests drove and the other guests used other means of transport. This time everyone drove.
Reception: Plexiglass installed around front desk and tables set up to maintain social distancing between check in and reception. Cards are sanitized in a bucket and Sanitizing gel machines are located throughout the space. Front doors are automatic so no need to touch handles. If you don't have a mask, you can just ask the front desk. When I saw a guest sitting in lobby with just a gator around their neck and not using it, I suggested to the front desk that this guest might need a mask and they took care of that immediately.
Elevator: limited to 3 people. If you want to go alone, people are very patient to wait for next elevator. You need to touch the buttons but there are sanitizing machines outside the elevator.
Breakfast: While it is no longer an option to have the fabulous hot breakfasts, Marriott makes pre-packaged bags with juice, a piece of fruit, water bottle and a coffee cake. I wish there was a self serve coffee machine as well but not a big deal since you can make it in the room.
Rooms: Very clean. They wait 24 hours between guests and they do a thorough cleaning.
Pros: If you need anything you can call front desk or stop by and they can hand you the items or have housekeeping deliver to just outside your guest room door. Very convenient location next to a large Target store in Watertown.
Easy driving to Charles River, Boston and highways if needed.
Spacious Rooms, excellent air conditioning or open windows for fresh air.
Sterilizing the remote controls is great - should do it in each room of suite. Only the main room had the remote in a "pocket". I used my own sanitizer on the ones in the bedrooms.
They limit the number of people that can swim or use the gym at the same time! I didn't personally use it, but saw that they were very compliant!
Pet friendly! Always a plus if you travel with your pet. Must reserve in advance!

Suggestions to hotel: Add more sanitizing machines to each floor and corridors as well as installing them in guest rooms. I realize you can wash your hands, but it would be nice to have some gel - and not just 2 small square wet wipes - to clean your hands when you open your room door.

Include extra large garbage bags in the rooms. Since many people ordered food in or cooked, it results in lots of garbage. Garbage disposal is great, but there is still a lot of packaging that needs to be tossed out. Kitchen garbage is small and I went down to get extra bags.

My refrigerator looked clean and I did find a clear lid to an ihop container left in the fridge, but it was hard to see since it was lodged behind a shelf. Maybe encourage housekeeping to look in the refrigerator to be sure.
Would have liked to have a small broom and dustpan for cleaning up after myself since housekeeping does not enter premises during a guest stay - which is great by the way - just need to make sure guests have the tools to keep the space clean. 2 dish towels was not enough.

Traveler suggestions: If you have any difficulty walking, ask for a room closer to elevator. We had a great room, however, it was at the end of a long corridor and that could be difficult for older guests.

Bring your own paper plates and plastic utensils. The room comes with service for 4, but I found it hard to continue to clean dishes and ended up using the paper goods and napkins that i brought with me. I also went to target and bought more sanitizer and liquid hand soap so that it was easier to wash hands and not share a tiny bar of soap at each sink.

Room tip: Hi floor for great view or if trouble walking, ask for room near elevator bank.
Date of stay: September 2020
3  Thank fam4ny
Reviewed 17 February 2020

We have stayed at this hotel since it first opened and really enjoy it- staff at front desk are very friendly, pleasant decor, fireplace in lobby, comfortable seating in lobby, free shuttle to downtown Harvard square- lots of reasons to return .
However housekeeping standards have slipped and I’m disappointed enough to comment on it. When we checked in ,there were cinnamon sticks in the disposal. The next time room was minimally done- bed smoothed over and garbage emptied is all. They apologised and sent the person responsible to redo the room . Today it wasn’t done at all , In spite of not having any sign on the door- they do not have “ please make up room” signs, just“please come back later “ signs. I don’t know what the problem is - overwhelmed staff, not well trained staff , or a difficulty in getting staff, but it certainly isn't what I expect of Marriott.

When I called to ask why, they did offer points in lieu of service, and sent up fresh towels.

We do like the hotel and will probably return, but I just hope they get their housekeeping act together - soon!

Room tip: Rooms overlooking mall maybe quieter
Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Maitreyib
MarshaW617508, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2020

Hello Maitreyib,

We thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about your most recent stay, but most importantly your loyalty throughout the years by coming back to our hotel.

One of the top priorities we pride ourselves on is your satisfaction, and please rest assured your stay and feedback is very important and will be addressed within our departments to research where the level of service with your housekeeping went wrong.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, we truly look forward to seeing you again, making up your stay, and regaining your loyalty.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 February 2020

We were here for two nights. The rooms are spacious with the usual comfortable Marriott beds. Very friendly service by the desk staff, always gave a greeting as we passed. The breakfast served the usual Marriott items, but were good and presented well. This property has joined other Marriott properties in NOT providing a newspaper for guests. I think this is a mistake by corporate and wish they would provide this courtesy.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Ron C
Marsha W, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Watertown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2020

Hello Ron C,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to fill out your experience with us in Watertown. We love hearing about our staff and glad you found the breakfast offerings to your liking. We apologize that newspapers were not available for you, while we don't plan to bring back newspapers we are happy to make sure we grab one for you if you let us know the next time you return. We have daily complimentary grocery deliveries, and newspapers can definitely be picked up for you when needed.

Thank you again, and safe travels!

Reviewed 6 January 2020

The room was well maintained, luxurious (for me, at least) and comfortable. The hotel is located right opposite to TripAdvisor office at Needham. Dinner closes at 10 pm! And breakfast at around 9:30 or 9 am. That's extremely early (again, for me, at least). I went to have my dinner at 9:50 pm. The bartender was closing everything down. Thankfully, he made a special consideration and let me have my dinner. The same was true even for breakfast. I went around 9:30am. Breakfast was already closed! Thankfully, one of the staff members reopened the door to the room containing breakfast just for me. Much appreciated. But why close dinner and breakfast so early?

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 728prasanna

Hello 728prasanna,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know if you had stayed at our property or another location as we do not serve dinner at our hotel. This might have been the Residence Inn Needham, but we are happy to hear overall your stay was comfortable!