All reviews an extended stay continental breakfast prospect hill home away from home great hotel business trip minute drive cookware amenities boston maintenance luggage
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Rugs beyond dirty, appliances broken, intermittent water problems in tub, one elevator is broken and the other works intermittently. Where are the city health officials who need to give this place a serious inspection!

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

We are sorry for issues that caused your stay to be less than ideal, and we apologize for the frustration and inconvenience they caused. These are certainly not common occurrences at our hotel, and we are sorry you were faced with them during this visit. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to deliver the experience you should have had this time.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

The staff at the front desk didn't seem to care about my concerns..
Those concerns were dirty bathroom stickers stuck to the wall (looked like a deodorant label) and stains or something on the cabinets. Bedding was not comfortable room was oddly set up. Not a good experience

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Bill, thank you for evaluating your stay. We regret that our staff did not respond to your concerns and apologize for that inconvenience. Your feedback with regards to the cleanliness has been discussed with our housekeeping team to be more diligent with their work. Once more, we apologize and hope you & your family will give us another chance in the future for a much better experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We were in Boston to see critically sick family at Dana Farber. Came to room after being in hospital and found roaches scattering from underneath lip of sink. These were small. Then I opened cabinet underneath and found a big one! Went to front desk, gave them an hour to find us another room. Then heard husband stomp on ground.... to kill a roach and I was done! Found another hotel, went back to front desk to demand refund. Told wait for manager whom never showed up! Unbelievable! I had my 8 yo nephew (son of person in icu) and my 5 mo son. I think we had been through enough and to make us wait was rude and ridiculous! Ps in addition to the roaches the room had a gross smell. I better see a refund tomorrow!

1  Thank ELLIE0821
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your trip. We're extremely sorry that you had a negative experience here, and we assure you that all of your concerns are being taken seriously. We have no excuses to offer, but we do extend our sincerest apologies and want you to know that we are making adjustments and working to deliver better hospitality going forward. Please consider staying at our hotel again in the future so you can experience the terrific service you should always expect from us, every visit.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I stayed here for one night. The room was clean, there were no noticeable signs of wear and tear. We were warm enough and I got the room I requested (away from the elevator and highway). All personnel I spoke with were most pleasant. I almost didnt want to take this room because of so many complaints here on TripAdvisor, but sometimes "you get what you pay for" has to be listened to! This room was the lowest price I could find, by half! If I wanted something super fancy, I would have moved on, but I needed a comfortable and clean room for a very short stay. This was it!

One thing I did listen in the reviews were the complaints about Priceline. Instead of going that route, I called Extended Stay directly and reserved my room so there was no funny business. I, however, asked for two beds (my teenage daughter was with me) and we were given only one. This was not the end of the world and we just doubled up for the night.

Room Tip: Upper floor, not near the elevator
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

We are disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We will personally address these issues with the appropriate teams to ensure happy guests is our number one priority. We truly regret the inconvenience caused and please consider us again so that we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you with the hospitality you should always expect from us.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Our insurance company put us up here for about six weeks prior to returning to our house following a fire. The hotel allows pets and our cat seemed to enjoy it. The room was clean and was refreshed by request. Cooking facilities are minimal but are sufficient for breakfast and light lunches. There are quite a number of good restaurants close-by (some of which deliver); Waltham Center is about a 10 minute drive away with a plethora of restaurants. The hotel had a sort of continental breakfast, but we were never awake that early to try it. The complementary internet was adequate for our purposes--mostly email. Service was very prompt and polite.

Some negatives: heating is forced hot air meaning the room got very dry in the cold weather. The water level in the toilet is too high; part of our bodies got wet while sitting there. There are few in-hotel amenities but that was of no consequence to us as we rarely use them anywhere.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 52 4th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable review of Extended Stay America. Service and facilities are our best assets that we can offer to our guests, and we are glad to know you had a comfortable time with us. Also, we have shared your comments with the appropriate teams for further improvements. We hope to welcome you and your family in the near future.