All reviews pancake machine hi express ample storage mini frig nicely renovated hotel single elevator business park expensive hotel minor issue the breakfast area front desk staff breakfast staff great lighting quick visit breakfast selection is brightly lit bathroom fixtures
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

I always hesitate to give five stars ... especially with hotels. However, there was not a bit of hesitation here. This hotel, which is relatively new, is one of the best I have ever visited. It is designed to provide both comfort and for all your needs. It is also “clean” with an immaculate feel. Usually chain hotels fall into the “it is OK” category but not this one. This could be a destination hotel!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Kaitlyn T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston / Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Dear Gregory L,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide feedback regarding your visit. As we take pride in delivering a 5 star experience, I am ecstatic to hear that our newly-renovated hotel exceeded your expectations and met all your needs. Thanks for the review and we look forward to your next visit!

Kaitlyn T.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I will keep this simple.

This hotel is amazing.

Brand new refurbishment with one half of the rooms overlooking Cambridge reservoir and the other half over Waltham greater area. As always there is a great gym, pantry and breakfast area, however the rooms are a standout.....exactly as pictured on their website.

With an amazing pub/bistro/eating place across the road (copper house tavern), and more parking than you need this Holiday Inn is ideally situated.

The i95 is next door yet I cannot hear it and the staff are amazing, friendly, welcoming and full of great local knowledge.

Free hotel shuttle takes you to the local rail station or it's about a 30 min drive into the cbd.

Treat yourself and stay here!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017

This is a perfectly adequate Holiday Inn Express. You know what you are getting when you book one of these. And the room here was perfectly fine.

I didn't book this one; a colleague did. When it came time to check out, I discovered that the room plus taxes came to > $380! Yikes!

I paid less (by about $100) and got more the last time I stayed in downtown Boston!

There are a number of other properties in the area and I have to assume that they are all priced similarly.

Another drawback is that there are no decent restaurants within walking distance, so a car would be very handy here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston / Waltham, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Hi TheRealAwaxy,

Thank you so much for your review and for staying with us. It is great to know that you appreciate our staff and our room accommodation. However, we are saddened to find out your dissatisfaction with our pricing. I assure you that the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments.

Once again, thank you so much for your valuable time for sharing your feedback and which will provide us an opportunity to correct ourselves and come up with a better solution for you and other guests.

Kind Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 October 2017

The hotel has above average size rooms with comfortable beds and clean rooms. the services is good. It does not have a view but the quality of the hotel for the price makes it worth it. Good internet connection and great lighting.

Room Tip: Don't get a room close to the elevators
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is newly remodeled and the rooms are large and clean. The location is very convenient on I 95. The subway and commuter train stations to Boston can be reached with a short car drive. There are a few nice restaurants in Waltham but all are a drive away. Just the standard Holiday Inn breakfast did not convince me, the food is not very special. I would come back to stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family