“Love the view”

Ranked #24 of 39 Restaurants in Swampscott
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Looking for lunch while driving up the coast. Our family had gone to Anthony's Pier 4 in Boston for many years. We were attracted by the location which is outstanding.

We knew it would be an expensive lunch but it was worth it. Had a great table overlooking the water. Their wonderful popovers were as good as ever.

Extensive menus with lots of choices and different price points.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

The food was fabulous. The service however, was absolutely terrible. Our waitress wouldn't make any eye contact with us. When she was taking our dinner orders she would not even acknowledge when my boyfriend was talking. I had to order for him. It was completely surreal. I could not understand what was happening.

It took her forever to bring the popovers and mushrooms to our table, when she did place the mushrooms down she looked at my boyfriend and stated "Don't worry you don't have to pay for these". What type of comment was that??

We never said we had a problem paying for anything! She then left and did not return until fifteen minutes later with our food. We asked for a refill on our drinks and one additional popover. She looked at us blankly and walked away without saying a word. We waited for a few minutes thinking that maybe she was getting them for us.

After about ten minutes with no sign of her, my boyfriend approached the host station to get a manager and she cut him off asking if he needed anything. He stated we needed the drinks and an additional popover. She again stated that we'd have to pay for it. That wasn't a problem he said, we'd take it the charge we just wanted refills and another popover.

She finally brought everything over and we didn't see her for another ten minutes when she then brought the check. Which was her dumping it on the table and turning without saying a word. I got her attention as she was walking away and asked to see a manager. I thought it wouldn't get any worse but it actually did.

Two managers (why two??) came over and I specifically said I did not want any money off of the bill I just wanted them to know about the poor service. I said that I don't know if she had a problem with my boyfriend being there, or just with us in general but she made very off color remarks and was not interested in checking on us or doing the general job of being a server. It seemed like she had a personal problem with us being there or maybe just a personal problem with the color of my boyfriend's skin??

I again, asked them NOT to take anything off the bill and that I just wanted to let them know about the service. The managers took the bill to run the card and they ended up removing the iced teas and one meal from the bill. They returned and one of them patted my boyfriend on the shoulder and said "Aww, bud. Don't feel bad"

How condescending can you get????

Maybe we just looked really poor?? I have no clue. The treatment was just absolutely ridiculous. It was never about money I don't mind spending money. But the second - class treatment here was absolutely unacceptable.

Do not come here- Do not waste your time or money.

5  Thank x0x0x0Boston
Reviewed 13 June 2017

From what I understand this place has had a complete overhaul. You walk into a open space, with high ceilings and a great view of the Boston skyline. It's stunning. We sat at the bar and had a few cocktails and appetizers. The bartender is a bit different, but seems to have a following. I was surprised to learn the lobster roll was $30 - although the menu has it for $25 - that seems a bit steep. I think over all the prices are a bit high, I would like to see what the difference is between this and the Mission next door.

Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

Great setting....decent wine selection...great popovers
But you never know what they will mess up nexy

1  Thank makemelaugh
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Stopped into the fish market for a lobster roll (best I had while on the East coast). Steven the Chef was super friendly and helpful. Could not wait to try a lobster roll. It lived up to my expectations!! My sister had the fish and chips and really enjoyed them as well (being from Ireland she is an expert on these). Had another roll while traveling the cost for the week, but not nearly as good. On my way back down the coast my daughter surprised me by stopping Hawthorne's for one more lobster roll. Steven was again at the shop along with Anthony and they talked us into dinning on the deck. What an excellent recommendations as the weather, view and staff were EXCELLENT!! I would highly recommend this place to anyone that is in the area.