All reviews window seat brimfield antique show old sturbridge village microtel pilot pets
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Coming in over the road from Connecticut it was snowing badly and I turned off at Sturbridge, where my GPS had told me that there would be a Days Inn. The road up to the hotel was no plowed and neither were parking spots along the building. When checking in I learned that the price was $199 incl, tax. Since I hadn't seen the room yet I accepted. Arriving on level 3 I wondered what the bad smell was. It got worse when opening the door to my room. This was the smelliest hotel room I'd ever been in. And not only was it smelly, it also extremely dated with stains on the old couch. The tV is mounted so high that a person would get a stiff neck after 30 minutes watching. But the worst is that this hotel's online booking is advertising a price of $50/night for the very same day I arrived here. It is also rated at a 3-star only facility and I have given it one star only. This hotel is to avoid at all costs. Simply the worst I have ever seen.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank harwerth
Reviewed 6 March 2018

This hotel should be ashamed of itself. Tried to check in after a horrible northeaster, because I was unable to call due to the storm and being stuck in it, I arrive to find that my prepaid room has been resold (how this is even legal is beyond me). They were unwilling to do ANYTHING to help, nothing at all. Welcome to corporate humanity. I hope this business closes and the unfeeling, uncaring people that run it, learn what it's like to be screwed over as a consumer. They were able to get 2 extra nights payment without ever having to rent the room! Great scam these hotels run with Expedia's assistance.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Aaron M
Reviewed 25 February 2018

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

On December 2, 2017 we stayed at Days inn Sturbridge as we had a wedding down the road at another motel/function facility. The inn was worn but immaculate!! The breakfast area was AWESOME! Made waffles and had muffins juice, Bagels, English, toast and coffee rolls, cereal all included in our $75 dollar charge! My family stayed at the wedding venue and paid twice that much and my mom said it wasn't very clean? I give Days Inn Sturbridge a thumbs up for cost, cleanliness & the great continental breakfast!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Sadly, it wasn't that nice staying here. I decided to come here due to the fact that it was close by, and cheap enough for a nights rest. I get you 'get what you pay for', but this place can be much nicer with a little more effort! First, the hotel is hard to find, especially at night! I don't remember seeing one of those huge highway signs that most have. Investing in one I think would help travelers find it easier, versus these tiny signs they had everywhere. ''Hotel that way <--" It was confusing in the dark. I almost thought it was abandonded and wasnt updated on google yet... so a nice big tall sign would help! Also, trim some trees down the driveway. I'm all for the trees, but its set back, like in the woods, so that makes it hard to see/find the hotel as well. Put a few lights along the driveway as well. :) people will be able to see easier. The parking lot and side walks need better shoveling. There was ice everywhere! I know everything cost money and time, but anytime I went into the lobby, the few people working here, or i thought were, were sitting in the back hiding out. So instead of hiding out, step out for a moment and shovel up some ice and snow for a few. Throw down some sand and salt. Keep it safe. When we checked in, the guy up front, when he came out, does seem young, but was very nice, knowledgeable, and helpful. Probably the most pleasant part of my stay. As of some other reviews state, he's too casually dressed. You really can't tell if he works there or not. Get a uniform, or a specific colored polo with a nametag at the very least. I do also love how dogs are allowed here as well. My kids loved how we could bring in our fur baby with no issues! :) she was welcome and i do love that! The room...everything was average except the fridge. Granted, curtains are a little outdated, the chairs had some small stains, but I can deal with that. (Honestly, I did scrub the chairs at first. When they dried, they were still there. A little gross, but its a pet hotel.., as long as they're cleaned everyday!) The beds looked clean, I checked the sheets and blankets, they smelt clean. So, good there! The bathroom was clean too! The fridge was so gross tho!! It had mold growing in it!! They need to keep up cleaning them everyday if they're going to unplug them to save electricity. Also, stop letting junkies in! There was a lot and it was a little scary honestly! Fix these issues, & you'll get better reviews, satisfied customers, which means more $$.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family