“Extraordinary!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amerscot House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stow
Amerscot House Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Stow B&B and Inns
Virginia
“Extraordinary!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

Perfectly situated for our romantic adventure in Boston this past June , the Amerscot House Inn featured some of the finest in hospitality my husband and I had ever encountered. The 18th century ambience of the inn set the stage for our exploration of the area’s historic landmarks. Gracious hosts, elegant décor, luxurious amenities, and delicious food made our visit both comfortable and memorable. During our three extraordinary nights in the romantic Conant Suite, Viki and Andy overlooked no detail in treating us as honored guests by providing a superlatively comfortable bed, a spacious and comfortably appointed bath stocked with fine linens and soaps, and a cozily furnished sitting room. Five out of five stars!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

Amerscot more than lives up to the billing on their website. My parents and I stayed in two different rooms for three nights. A charming and relaxed ambiance is created by a perfect balance of 1734 architecture and every creature comfort from a remodeling a few years ago. Add in reasonable rates and outstanding breakfast and service, and I can't recommend it too highly. Boston is about a 40-minute drive and Concord is I guess about 15 minutes. The inn is charming enough to just relax there for a while as well.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrew_WNY
Bainbridge Island, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

The Amerscot House Inn in Stow far surpassed our expectations. This is no ordinary B&B. It was better than staying at a 5 star hotel. Our room was luxurious, comfortable and appointed with everything you could possibly need. The setting is lovely, across the street from an apple orchard.

Every detail has been thought of - a fully stocked guest refrigerator, fresh snacks, apples, current newspapers and magazines and a suggestion box full of information about local restaurants and things to do. The innkeepers were wonderful, accommodating and unobtrusive.

Room Tip: We booked at the last minute and got the Gardner Room. We weren't expecting it to be amazing bu...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Wow, what a great experience at this b&b. The warmest hosts imaginable, who have really thought of everything to make a stay here, for a night or a week, enjoyable. The rooms all tidy, neat and sparkling, with "old house" ambiance still palpable and pleasant. The cooked to order breakfast delicious and bountiful -- we really hope to visit again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

I live in Maynard, the town next door to Stow and needed a place to put up my parents, who are both allergic to my cats. I saw reviews of the Amerscot on Trip Advisor, so I called Viki, the innkeeper. To say Viki is one of the nicest innkeepers I have ever dealt with is an understatement. The room rate was incredibly reasonable, even more so when I realized it included a full breakfast and all kinds of extras, like a DVD library and complimentary beverages, including wine and beer. When I brought my parents over, I wished I had booked a room for myself. The Inn is lovely; warm and welcoming, with every amenity you can think of. The rooms were immaculate and tastefully decorated, in a great New England style. My parents were thrilled with the place, they raved about the room, and said the next morning's breakfast was wonderful. To quote my mother "Viki could not have been nicer and our stay was an absolute treat." Needless to say, my parents want to stay there again. I don't think you could find a nicer place to stay in the area. Thanks, Viki!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ladrider
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stow
12.6 km away
9.7 km away
BEST WESTERN at Historic Concord
9.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro

Been to Amerscot House Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK