“Kind Clerk” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Stoughton
Knoxville, TN
“Kind Clerk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

After a long day of travel, and stupidly checking my luggage on Delta (I know better than this, but it was a several city trip and I was tired of dragging my suitcase through the airports) my traveling companions arrived at Logan only to find my bag had not made it. Due to several delays, it was 2 AM in the morning when we arrived at the hotel. The clerk was very kind and made sure I had the necessities- toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, contact solution. I know she probably should have charged me for the items she pulled off the shelf, but she didn't and then made sure I had a bottle of water and a pack of cookies as well. She also upgraded my room. I was in a super foul mood thanks to Delta, but her kindness really made a difference after a long cruddy day.

The room was nice, and at the time I stayed there was a free breakfast, but it was not advertised, and was out of the way- down the center hallway at the very end. It was only milk, juice, ceral, sparse muffins, and toast, but there is a cafe that sells cooked breakfast in the lobby as well as serve Starbucks drinks.

I agree with the other reviewers that there is not much in the area- there is an Outback restaurant, but we could not find any fast food restaurants nearby. The hotel is in an industrial area, which is great if you are working with companies in the area. I would not recommend this hotel if you are just visiting Boston, but that does not reflect poorly on the hotel, only on hotel choice. The rooms were clean, up to Marriott standards, and are inline with the current Marriott deocration motif.

All and all I was won over by the kind clerk, which probably gave me rose colored glasses during my stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Nomad413
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

Last month, my husband attended a wedding jin the Boston area and this location suited his needs at that time. A few weeks later, we fiound ourselves in the Boston area once again and for lack of time in researching another hotel/location, we booked another weekend at this hotel. The hotel is located in a very odd (industrial) area and although there were a few stores and restaurants nearby, it was not a great location. This hotel did not include any type of continental breakfast, everything had to be purchased......not what we're used to when we stay at other mariotts. There was no complimentary coffee in the lobby which we could have used after a 10 hour drive. Once again we would have had to purchse it.....again, not what I'm used to with other marriotts that we've stayed at. There was nothing nearby where we could go for breakfast, we actually had to drive to another town about 25 minutes away. The hotel itself was very clean and the rooms were nice, but wasn't enough to get me back there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

This hotel is priced almost a time and a half compared to other hotels in the area, and it does not live up to its price.

Everything is old and renovated. Its all in place but it makes you feel that it was old sometime ago.

The big let off is NO BREAKFAST. How can a Courtyard have NO BREAKFAST?

I spend atleast 40 night a year in Marriott's and this is the first one with NO BREAKFAST.

We can buy a Starbucks breakfast if we want but why should I when I already paid extra for a room here?

Get the point...

The staff are a great bunch btw...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Suryavarman
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

Here for sports event at TD Gardens and all hotels were full in Boston. Approx. 20mins from city and easy to find. Room is spacious and clean. Outdoor courtyard with modern patio furnitures. Renovated lobby that includes a food area, computer station, convenience shop, coffee station, and seating areas.

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2010

Stayed here while in town for business. Rooms are clean. Lobby removated with a bistro self-service type of ordering system. Business center consists of 2 chairs in the lobby near a printer which isn't very private and they always seemed to be in use. Overall OK but pricey.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoughton
7.7 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Brockton (Boston)
7.3 km away
11.1 km away
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
10.9 km away
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood

Been to Courtyard Boston Stoughton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK