We are a family of four (two small children) and were staying in Cape Cod for a week and decided to add a night on at The Red Jacket Rivierra. I chose this resort because of the ad they have which shows some really spectacular photos of a pool with a fun waterslide and great stufff for the kids and also because it is right on the beach. Two disappointments were that while we got a first floor room with a nice porch, the room was dated (big time) and very unappealing. Then the second disappointment was that the ad online with the waterslide was showing photos from one of their other resorts in NH. Kids were quite disappointed. The outdoor pool was okay, but still a disappointment from what we were expecting (which was an anticipated highlight of our vacation). The indoor pool was very cloudy and the whole inside pool area (stone deck, bathrooms and hot tub) had an overall unclean feel and appearance.
I did notice as we took an evening stroll that there were other rooms I could see into rather easily while walking by that looked much nicer/updated and more comfortable/inviting than ours. Cannot figure why I got the room I did instead of one of those, short straw I guess. The big plus I found about this resort was the private beach. It was very nice and clean and they have beach chairs, umbrellas with stands and towels for guest's use conveniently available right at the beach. We spent most of our time there and it was very enjoyable. I highly recomend being specific about the room you would like if you were to stay here. Having one of the better rooms would have probably made quite a difference for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An Oceanfront Favorite among Cape Cod resorts. The Riviera Beach Resort offers the perfect setting for memorable family vacations and romantic getaways for two. Our resort boasts 125 charming guest rooms including newly renovated Poolside and Ocean View locations. Relax and enjoy our beautiful private ocean beach, heated indoor and outdoor pools, whirlpool, restaurant, lounge, seasonal water sports, fully supervised Kids' Klub, Spa at Red Jacket Beach Resort, Blue Rock Golf Course, and fun summertime family activities. Our heated interactive, zero entry outdoor pool is designed for families with young and small children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riviera Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Beach Resort - Bass River Hotel South Yarmouth
- Riviera Beach Resort Cape Cod
- Riviera Beach Resort South Yarmouth, MA - Cape Cod