All reviews ocean front red jacket blue water boat bar pool view sister properties mini golf breakfast was included hot tub kids club off season bit dated labor day year after year umbrellas towels summer
Reviewed 1 September 2011

This beach is by far the best beach on the Cape!.The rooms have been updated,we stayed in an ocean view. The pool area had all new lounge chairs that were great and plenty of them. The outside grill and bar was also good,particularly the mudslides! The outside staff was attentive and friendly, The beach staff also great. The front desk still could use improvement... not very welcoming or flexible,especially the woman who has been there ten years...when asking for an early check in (which I'd requested 4 mos.earlier, she snapped and said there is no such thing!) Overall a good choice for a family retreat.New bedding for year,I hope!

Room Tip: Call early for an oceanview
1  Thank skippydo
RIVBEACHBassRiver, General Manager at Riviera Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

Thank you for your stay and also for taking time to review the encounters you had while you were here. The issue at the desk I will look into and rectify with all front desk staff. We ,on occassion,are able to get you in to your room before 300pm, although in peak time, July and August it is a challenge. The comments about our location, exterior furniture and staff are very well recieved and we pass along all reviews to our department heads and staff members.Hope to see you back at one of our seven Red Jacket Resorts in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

My wife and I took our kids to the Cape during the season for years when our two daughters were younger. Once the kids were older my wife and I continued to take trips to the Cape off season and have stayed at the Red Jacket Riviera or the Blue Rock for golf. This year we decided to take our two grandchildren for a summer trip August 15th to 18th. At first a little lerry until we arrived at the Riviera, what a place for kids in the summer (and adults). The resort has both indoor and outdoor pools suited for kids. Daily activities for the kids from kite building and flying, face painting, beach games, etc. You were supplied with beach chairs and umbrellas at the beach when needed. There were also plenty of local activities in the area. A walk down the beach to a fishing pier with my Grandson. My wife and I had a blast with our grandchildren. The staff was very friendly and accomidating, the rooms comfortable and clean. Don't get me wrong, my wife and I will still enjoy our off season trips, the only thing missing will be what seemed like hundreds of kids ranging from 2 to 12, something we expected.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms seemed like the best
1  Thank Skip L

It was our pleasure to have you as a guest at The Riviera Beach Resort and we thank you for taking the time to let us know how everything was while you were here. The location, the pools, the restaurants and the staff are all areas we take seriously and I am glad your experience with them were all very good. The resort works diligently on a daily basis to exceed our guest expectations. We welcome you back in our shoulder seasons and thank you very much for your continued patronage.The management and staff rely on our guest feedback to constantly improve our overall service.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

Truly off the beaten path, Riviera Beach Resort has a relaxing atmosphere and is kid friendly.

Service: 5 Stars,
Front Desk: Very friendly, will help you find and/or give directions to the restaurant you are looking for.
Maid Service: Very friendly, kept the rooms clean and towels fresh upon request.
Maintenance: Plugged the toilet up on the first day, someone was there in 10 minutes to unplug it.
On the Beach: Someone helps you with the Resorts Beach chairs and umbrellas. This is a first for me as I have never seen this before. The beach was very clean.
At the Pool: No lifeguard on duty, the pool seemed dirty but we narrowed it down to people coming in off the beach into the pool.

Value: 4 Stars, When the reservations were made, we were like "Got an extra Arm and Leg?" but once we arrived it was well worth it. The little extras they have here make up for the price in a big way. Even though we didn't have a beach or pool facing room, but we were placed close enough to the Beach it was no worries.

Sleep Quality: 5 Stars, Slept like a baby. Beds are comfortable, A/C works just fines.

Cleanliness: 5 Stars, Other than the outdoor pool as mentioned above, the grounds was very clean.

Kids Activities: 5 Stars, Plenty of activities for the kids. We made kites, that the resort provided, a flew them on the beach all day long.

Breakfast: Not Sure, didn't eat breakfast here, but would have been nice to have a continental breakfast. Went out into town to eat breakfast.

Free Wi-Fi: 3 Stars, Once connected, it works fine. Hard part is getting connected.

We enjoyed our time here at the Riviera Beach Resort and plan on returning next year to enjoy the beach. Right now Hurricane Irene is coming up the coast and we have to get out of dodge.

Overall 5 stars for a great place to stay.

1  Thank ChiefSporty
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Stayed for 3 nights with a 2,5 & 7 year old kids.all in all good value for the money very close to the beach and a good pool for young kids. Got plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas for the beach. Dent utilize the kids "club".

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you very much for your recent stay and taking the time to send us your thoughts. The Resort is located on our own private beach and we spend too many hours to count on our grounds and pools. The resort has and will continue to cater to families and we organize daily activities for children. With regards to our staff we train them to be very friendly, helpful and attentive to each guest and any needs they may have. Thank you again and we hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

This place certainly was not worth the money. The one positive thing I can write is the location. Nice beach! However, the stay started with check in. No welcome, no smiles, no helpful information you would expect from check in, just hurried us along. Got the speech about the rules and was wondering at that point if I was in the correct place. I have to mention the towel card because it's such a ridiculous system there. They hand you a card and warn you, not nicely, that you must not lose it and must be turned in at check out or you pay 25$ per towel per guest. I felt I spent more time worrying about my towel card and doing inventory of my towels used then enjoying my stay. Walls in the rooms are paper thin,The TVs are ancient, the restaurant service was chaotic and slow and parking was limited and a mess. So glad we were there for only a weekend.
Not an experience I expected from a Red Jacket "resort".

• Stayed: August 2011