My husband and I just stayed at Red Jacket during the 2nd Annual Haunted Halloween weekend. We arrived late Friday the 28th. We checked in and were told that we were in room 146. After given a map we found we were the farthest room from the parking lot and office and we had to carry most of our stuff in the pouring rain and wind as there was no parking anywhere near our room. We arrived to a very nice corner room with a Jacuzzi tub and a wonderful view of the water. Since we were expecting a pool/parking lot view room, we were not going to complain about the hike to get to the room. The room was huge and very nice. We had a nice drink at the on site pub and then went to bed. At 4am, the children in the room next door were screaming their heads off. Room 146 has a connecting door to room 145, so you could hear EVERYTHING and those kids would not stop banging around and crying. By 8am, they were either up and gone or had tired themselves out. Another thing about room 146 it is looks directly at the playground, so we had a few kids screaming outside our window. We puttered around the resort and the local attractions that day. We didn’t make it too far due to the impending storm. The Halloween Costume Ball was a blast. The band was so so, but as they said themselves, the more you drink the better we sound. We were woken up at 7am again by the kids next door crying and screaming. We were able to check out by 10. Other than the kids next door and their early AM tantrums and the fact we were as far away from the parking lot as possible – it was not a bad trip. I’ll make sure next time to ask for another room if given the option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 150 guest rooms and 14 three or four-bedroom villas, the Red Jacket Beach Resort enjoys a fabulous location on 1,000 feet of private sandy beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound. Recently updated guest rooms are equipped with two queen beds or a king along with porch deck with most offering spectacular views of the ocean. The resort features large indoor and outdoor heated pools, as well as a zero-entry children's pool and Jacuzzi spa. The Kids' Klub, a supervised children's program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, swim instruction, Wii tournaments, bonfire nights, fun clowns, magic and pirate adventure weeks, and musical entertainment throughout the summer season on a complimentary basis to resort guests. In addition, the Red Jacket offers on-site fishing, tennis, beach volleyball, and shuffleboard, with docking facilities available for small boats on Parker's River, which borders the resort. Parasailing and kayaking are available during summer season. Two dozen championship golf courses are situated within a half hour's drive, including our own Blue Rock course, located four miles from the resort. The Red Jacket's dining room serves signature New England cuisine. Guests can pamper themselves in the resort's full service spa. The Red Jacket Beach is also the perfect setting for corporate retreats, reunions, and tour groups, as well as for weddings and special celebrations, and boasts 6,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space. Open from early April until late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Beach Resort And Spa
- Red Jacket Beach Hotel South Yarmouth
- Hotel Red Jacket Beach
- Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa South Yarmouth, MA - Cape Cod