Windjammer
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Village Green Motel(South Yarmouth)
View Hotel
Surfcomber on the Ocean(South Yarmouth)
View Hotel
The Dunes Motor Inn(South Yarmouth)
View Hotel
Riviera Beach Resort(South Yarmouth)
  • Pool
  • Pool
Cape Shore Inn(South Yarmouth)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmini fridgemotelwifibeachpoolplayground
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Me and my family decided to head down to the Cape last minute fourth of July weekend. We were unable to stay were we normally stay but found rooms available here. The staff was very helpful and nice over the phone plus I read great reviews so we decided to try it. It really is a nice place. Pool outside, grill by the pool. Rooms were clean, staff friendly, location is great, its by 3 different beahces and just about in the heart of South yarmouth. Close to restaurants (OC Restaurant specifically was great!!!!), beaches, mini golf (Pirate Cove), ice cream shops, liquore store everything!!! Not far from Hyannis or Dennis. It was a great decision. Its inexpensive and worth the stay :) Only complaint we wish the beds were more comfty maybe even a pillow top would make it a bit better!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Destiny11
Reviewed 4 July 2011

The best part of our stay was the nice and courteous staff. It has the family owned and operated feel. And while the room was clean it needs a new rug, as the one in our room was quite old.

The bad part were the neighbors. It seemed like every other guest was a smoker, which made enjoying the courtyard and outdoor pool next to impossible. One man seemed to do nothing but sit outside his room and smoke the entire time we where there.

There was free high-speed internet but it had poor reception in parts of the motel. We could only use it really while sitting outside near the pool.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank MattCBoston
Reviewed 3 December 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here over Labor Day weekend. He found the Windjammer online and they had a great deal going for Labor Day weekend so we booked it. They were very accomodating when a storm did not allow us to arrive the day we planned, instead we asked them if we could come a day later and stay a day later. They said we would have to switch rooms on the last night but that was fine. They even moved all of our luggage/cooler for us to our new room while we were out. The rooms are outdated, but they served the purpose and were very clean. Maid service was great- better than in some pricier hotels. There was fresh, complimentary coffee in the morning, which was very nice. Front desk was very friendly and helpful. The price of this place is unbeatable. Location is right across from the beach. We will definitely be staying here again next time we come to Cape Cod.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank feather601
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Trip Advisor led us to the Windjammer and now we can’t wait to go back again. With that said… if you like a first class hotel, this is not the place for you. However, It is charming, excellent location, friendly service, and the right price.

We went over Labor Day weekend for the fall festival- I took my mom and 3 yr old son. Our room was on the first floor. It was exactly everything we needed- a bed, a bathroom, a frig. The owners were extremely nice. The remembered talking to me on the phone, helped give us suggestions where to eat and what to do. They had flyers printed out for us.

YES, it is out dated, cell phones don’t work in the room, there was no phone or clock but we were there to enjoy South Yarmouth and the beach. There is an area in the lobby where you can make yourself toast, have a free cup of coffee, borrow a book or talk to the owners.

The location is ideal. The beach was across the street, which was perfect for having a senior and a toddler with me! We walked there every day and collected shells. Since it was too cold, we didn’t use the pool but it looked very nice. There was always enough parking and it was well lit.

You can see where they tried fixing up the bathroom by painting the tiles and a piece of the cabinet in the bathroom was broken but it really didn’t bother us. I have stayed at hotels like the Venetian in Vegas, Boardwalk in Disney, as well as a terrible place called the Pineapple in Newport (I wish someone warned me of THAT place). I have even stayed down the street from the Windjammer at The Red Jacket Inn. Years ago that place was affordable – you are on the same street looking at the same ocean. Don’t get me wrong, I like the Red Jacket and stayed there several times years ago but they have since tripled their rates and make it not affordable for a family to stay.

The Windjammer is a gem. I wouldn’t be surprised every year they improve and update. We have recommended this hotel to our friends but with it being clear, you are not getting a 5 star hotel. I would suggest it as a great 3-day stay for the beach, fall festival, get away. It is a quick drive to all the awesome restaurants, mini golf, etc.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2010

My wife and I had a great time in this motel last October. The room was clean and quiet. Location of hotel was perfect. The staffs were very friendly. We had early check-in and late check-out with no extra charge

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple