All reviews private beach adjoining cottages skipper restaurant fireplace summer stove housekeeper golf
Reviewed 15 June 2016

We stayed much longer than usual during this May vacation hoping the weather would cooperate. It did, with 15 days of mostly sun and mild temps. Our cottage had been updated with a new flat screen TV and fireplace screen plus a new rug. We can't say enough about the STAFF at this cottage village- they are simply the BEST, you never want for anything. Friendly, always ready to please guests and make them feel at home. It has been our "home" by the sea for many years, and hopefully will continue to be our Spring and Fall vacation destination.

Room tip: all of the cottages are tip top, and photos are available for each cottage on their web site. Almost all have views of Nantucket Sound.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2016

I have been going to the Seaside Cottages for over 15 years and it is always a nice place to relax and unwind. We stayed in #31 and it was clean, bright and pleasant. Also, our view was amazing. Our room over looked the beach and there is nothing better than enjoying a coffee in the morning or having a beer in the evening watching the tide come and go.
The reason I only gave my rating a 3 was for a couple of things. 1.), The walls are paper thin. Our bed was up against the wall to our next door neighbors kitchen. They were very loud and could hear every word they were saying as though they were in the bed with us and every pot, pan, and kitchen utensil used! 2.) The bed mattress was hard, lumpy and very very uncomfortable. I woke up very sore. It would have been more of an issue if we stayed longer than two nights, but we dealt with it since it was a short stay.
Over all, I love the Seaside for its charm and proximity to the water and will of course come again.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2016

Let me first start by saying that I did not stay here, but walking past I was so impressed by how beautifully the grounds were kept that I felt compelled to write this quick review. Groundskeepers were so busily tidying and pruning that the place looked absolutely pristine, even in this slow off-season. Based on the exterior alone, I will definitely have to check prices and availability next time I visit.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2015

we went the last month nof august 2015. we rented several cottages. they well maintained. and to walk out your door and be on your private beach is awesome. perhaps the tranquility we found will be less mid summer.but we are coming back next july. many really good restautants i n the surrounding area. seafood sams an excellent fast seafood place.captain parkers a great evening fine dining. also a couple of fine italian places as well

Room tip: not rooms( cottages
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Aline F
Reviewed 25 October 2015

My family has stayed at Seaside many times over the last 20 years. The cottages are clean and quaint, not luxurious, but the location can't be beat. The oceanfront location is one of the best on the Cape. There is nothing like stepping out of your door to see the ocean the first thing in the morning. Convenient to shopping, dining, activities, or just walking on the beach.

Room tip: The cottages with the ocean views are among the best on the Cape.
Date of stay: September 2015