Have stayed at this hotel maybe 4 times over the years, until now never found a need to complain.
Given the location & the price, it was an ok place to stay; being a group it was very convenient being able to use the breakfast room at pleasure. I booked on the phone asking for a ‘King Bed’ on the first floor because of medical limitation (no elevator); was told that she would try to secure one. Never was I told that only 2 rooms are king beds on first floor. Got a room on the 2nd floor, pleasant and spacious-but very hard on us with a cardiac condition going up & down those stairs multiple times daily, especially when carrying luggage. When I made the reservation no mention was made that the room had a safe and that a daily charge of $1.68 would apply for it above the room charge.
In checking in & throughout the week-end people were experiencing delay in getting service because (I think) of understaffing. So much so that I sent to talk with my husband one of the Europeans guests who was checking out and looking for direction to the highway. The same guest had questioned the bill but the explanation given to her was very misleading and she eventually just gave up contesting the charges. She had booked a triple occupancy room, yet upon check out she was charged $10 extra +tax for the 3rd person. The language barrier was on both sides I think, so the guest (like me and the safe charge) just took it as an unpleasant experience.
On the website: (1) No safe is mentioned anywhere = no charge for it! (2) No direct contact with Management other than by telephone, I can’t trust verbal explanation, had that experience in booking. (3) Sent an e-mail on Monday via the website’s reservation agent asking for Peter to contact me so we could discuss my disappointing experience during this last visit at his facility; no reply has been received by me. I wanted to delay my review giving him the benefit of an explanation; I guess he does not care enough to find out the guests comments because he has not placed a system for it on his website – that is my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This AAA approved & very conveniently located near the airport in South Yarmouth, Ambassador Inn & Suites is close to West Dennis Beach, Bass River Lighthouse, and Pirate's Cove Mini Golf. Also nearby is Seagull Beach. Ambassador Inn & Suites has an indoor pool, a spa tub, a sauna, and a seasonal outdoor pool. Complimentary wireless and wired high-speed Internet access is available in public areas. Business amenities at this 3.0-star property include a 24-hour business center, small meeting rooms, and business services. Guests are served a Deluxe complimentary breakfast each morning. Guest parking is complimentary. Event space measures 800 square feet. Additional amenities include an arcade/game room, multilingual staff, and coffee in the lobby. Guestrooms. Ambassador Inn & Suites has 85 guestrooms. 27-inch televisions are equipped with premium satellite channels, free movie channels, and DVD players. Guestrooms provide complimentary wireless Internet access, direct-dial phones, complimentary weekday newspapers, and free local calls. Beds have down comforters. Guestrooms feature refrigerators and coffee/tea makers. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and complimentary toiletries. Additional amenities include climate control, air conditioning, and desks. In addition, amenities available on request include extra towels/bedding and wake-up calls. Housekeeping is offered. Roll away beds are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ambassador Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Hotel South Yarmouth
- Ambassador Inn & Suites South Yarmouth, MA - Cape Cod