“Used to be good!”

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Abington, Massachusetts
“Used to be good!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

Have stayed at this hotel maybe 4 times over the years, until now never found a need to complain.
Given the location & the price, it was an ok place to stay; being a group it was very convenient being able to use the breakfast room at pleasure. I booked on the phone asking for a ‘King Bed’ on the first floor because of medical limitation (no elevator); was told that she would try to secure one. Never was I told that only 2 rooms are king beds on first floor. Got a room on the 2nd floor, pleasant and spacious-but very hard on us with a cardiac condition going up & down those stairs multiple times daily, especially when carrying luggage. When I made the reservation no mention was made that the room had a safe and that a daily charge of $1.68 would apply for it above the room charge.
In checking in & throughout the week-end people were experiencing delay in getting service because (I think) of understaffing. So much so that I sent to talk with my husband one of the Europeans guests who was checking out and looking for direction to the highway. The same guest had questioned the bill but the explanation given to her was very misleading and she eventually just gave up contesting the charges. She had booked a triple occupancy room, yet upon check out she was charged $10 extra +tax for the 3rd person. The language barrier was on both sides I think, so the guest (like me and the safe charge) just took it as an unpleasant experience.
On the website: (1) No safe is mentioned anywhere = no charge for it! (2) No direct contact with Management other than by telephone, I can’t trust verbal explanation, had that experience in booking. (3) Sent an e-mail on Monday via the website’s reservation agent asking for Peter to contact me so we could discuss my disappointing experience during this last visit at his facility; no reply has been received by me. I wanted to delay my review giving him the benefit of an explanation; I guess he does not care enough to find out the guests comments because he has not placed a system for it on his website – that is my opinion.

Room Tip: If you can do the stairs, room 210 is very good.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank MAST48
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Lebanon, CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

Our room was nor ready when promised. We waited in the dark, hot, humid hallway while our room was being cleaned. (We had already lugged our baggage up a flight of stairs and down a long hallway [no elevator] so we were not about to carry it back downstairs while we waited.) While we were standing in the hallway, we saw that the cleaning person was barefooted. When we were finally able to enter our room, I saw that there was blood on the toilet seat. The cleaning man was gone by then so I washed it off myself with tissues, soap, and water. Yuk!
The next morning we noticed that the door would not lock. I reported this to the manager who said that it just needed to be re-programmed. I trustingly thought that he would take care of that while my husband and I were having breakfast in the Ambassador Inn's breakfast area, I was wrong. When we went back to our room, the door was still unlocked. When I went to check out, the manager said that he would take care of the lock. What good did that do us at that time?! Also, and this is a small matter, I asked him to remove the charge for use of the hotel safe, since we did not use it. He said that he would remove the charge I just reviewed my credit card statement and see that he did not remove the charge.
To sum up: Cleanliness: bad, security: bad: cost: way overpriced. ($180.39 for one night)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara I

Travellers are raving about these South Yarmouth hotels

Ellettsville, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

This location was good with several restaurants in walking distance. Olympic Lobster House offered a full lobster dinner for $14.95. The Riverway was also a good option. We did not use the motel's pools, but having both indoor and outdoor was a good feature. The outdoor pool was not as large as the picture appeared. The room was comfortable enough, but needed some updating. the baseboard carpet was pulled away from the wall, and should have been obvious to motel staff. The bathroom was rather small with the sink outside of the tub/toilet room. It was in a narrow alcove that may have been difficult for large-sized customers to use. The breakfast was average with cold cereal, breads, and a waffle maker, but added to the value of staying here. Overall it was a good value and fit our needs, as we spent most of our time outside enjoying the area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at Ambassador Inn and Suites for the third time, and we were once again very pleased with the hotel. We have been going to Cape Cod at least once every year since 2008, and have stayed at a few other locations, but Ambassador is by far the best of them. The rooms are a good size and very clean, and the hotel staff were very friendly. It's location is also ideal for anyone who wants to explore the Cape since it's practically in the middle of Cape Cod and on one route 28.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Ramat Gan, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

Our room (two doubles, first floor, right opposite to the indoor pool) was of a good size, clean, not outdated. There was a (working!) refrigerator in the room. Air conditioning was effective. Bathroom is really tiny and clean.

Both pools are good, we used the indoor one due to hot weather.
The staff is trained and helpful.

The problem: dining room is crowded during breakfast so either arrive early or take the food and eat somewhere else (I am serious, sometimes there is no free place in the dining room; as a result once I sat on the sofa in the lobby with my breakfast)

The advantage: the dining room is opened evening hours thoughh nothing is served. So, bring your food and wine here and enjoy. We did: it was a lovely family dinner. Cups, plates, other stuff is here. While we were sitting there a father brought his two kids with pizzas to the room and fed them there instead of going to the room. It looked fun and convenient.
In summary - the good inn. The last important note: it is a sound proof environment. We lived close to the lobby and opposite to the pool but nothing was heard inside.

Room Tip: No elevator in the inn
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2.9 km away
Blue Water on the Ocean
Blue Water on the Ocean
#7 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Ambassador Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK