We rented two, two bedroom suites the weekend after Labor Day and it was one thing after another from the start. After checking in, we couldn't enter one of the suites as it was locked from the inside with a "privacy please" sign in the key slot. It took twenty minutes to get someone to open the room. We then called the front desk for beach towels to use at the pool and were told to use the ones in the room and ask housekeeping for more. After using the towels, I approached a housekeeper outside our room for more, and she said she couldn't provide them and I would have to request them from the front desk. After speaking to the front desk again, we were finally given more towels. On Saturday, it was a nice day so we wanted to go to the beach. We have a three month old, so i called the front desk and asked if beach umbrellas were available. She said they were not as they were taken "off property" after Labor Day. I drove into town and purchased an umbrella. When we arrived at the beach, there were plenty of beach umbrellas in a storage space under the walkway which people were taking and using. After the beach, we went back to the suite. I asked one of the workers if grills were allowed on the deck, and, if so, whether he would carry one of the grills provided by the resort up to the deck outside of our suite. He said "Yes" to both questions and placed it on the deck.
A few hours later, when we began grilling dinner, we were approached by another worker who told us grills were not allowed on the deck and the Manager wanted it moved immediately. We obviously couldn't move it as it was red hot. Embarrassing to say the least.
The resort itself was dated and a bit run down, although the beach and outdoor pool were nice. For the money, we'd suggest trying other resorts on the Cape.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 500 feet of private sandy beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound, Blue Water is the ideal resort for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or an extended family gathering. The resort boasts 113 guest rooms and cottages, most with patio or balcony featuring stunning ocean and garden views, including Jacuzzi accommodations. Offering food and beverage services in the dining room and lounge, as well as catering for private parties of up to 75 people. Also, our popular beachside Cabana Bar & Grill serves food and drink favorites during the summer season. In addition to the private beach, resort amenities include indoor and outdoor heated pools, jet ski rentals and banana boat rides, basketball court, putting green, and game arcade. Kids’ Klub, a supervised children’s program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, swim instruction, Wii tournaments, bonfire nights, fun clowns, magic and pirate adventure weeks, and musical entertainment throughout the summer season on a complimentary basis to resort guests. Open from late April until late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Water on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Water On The Ocean Hotel South Yarmouth
- Best Western South Yarmouth
- South Yarmouth Best Western
- Blue Water On The Ocean South Yarmouth, MA - Cape Cod