“Indoor pool is great”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Boston, Massachusetts
“Indoor pool is great”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This hotel is just average at best. The rooms were outdated and although clean, it was just dingy. The bathrooms were very small as well.
The outdoor pool was nothing to write home about but the indoor pool is HUGE!!! It was a big hit with the kids.
I do think for the hotel, the rates are high for its offerings. I probably wouldn't go back but wouldn't say I would avoid it at all costs....I would just choose another hotel first.

4 Thank Boston0312
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Boston
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We took our two kids ages 9 and 11 to the Irish Village last summer for two nights on a package which included two breakfasts and one dinner and accommodations in a room with two queen beds and a separate sitting area with a pull-out couch. It was a good deal and we were excited to get away from the city and have some fun on the Cape.

I had heard from friends that they could hear the music from the entertainment in rooms closest to the lobby at night so we requested a room in the back. We arrived to find our room ready as promised at the back of the property on the second floor with a little balcony. We unpacked and then all went swimming in the large indoor pool and then in the outside pool which is in a little courtyard. Everything was great so far.

That night we were too tired to go out so we had pizza delivered and as we were getting ready for bed, we started to notice the smell of cigarette smoke filling the room coming from under the adjoining door of the room next door. I called the front desk to complain and they said there was nothing they could do -- that room was smoking and ours was non-smoking. I asked how could ADJOINING rooms have different smoking policies and they said that was the way it was. I said we could not stay in the room, the smoke was too much to take, and we needed to be moved. They said the hotel was full and there was nothing they could do. It was too late to uproot the kids and move to another hotel so we put wet towels all around the cracks in the door and went to bed, fuming and feeling ill, and listening to the blaring TV from the smoke-filled room next door.

The next morning we went down to complain and they that whoever told me the room next door was a smoking one was WRONG -- it was actually supposed to be non-smoking. There was no apology. They said that the people had checked out and that they would do extra sanitization on that room and ours to get rid of the smoke smell. There was still no other rooms available for us to move to and the kids liked the pool and we still had three meals left on our package so we decided to stay. I hoped they might offer us some compensation or reduced rate for the discomfort we endured and the mistake on their part but no, they wouldn't.

We enjoyed the meals and the pool and the entertainment for the rest of our trip, but that night, the headboard of one of the beds, which was NOT on the bed but attached to the wall, fell off as I was leaning against it reading!!! I called the desk and they sent a maintainance person up to hammer it back on. What poor quality!!!

I will NOT be going back to the Irish Village on my next visit to the Cape. Customer service is nonexistent and the place is poorly put together. Stay away!!!!

Room Tip: For a quieter night sleep, ask for the room in the back and MAKE SURE you do not get an adjoining ro...
8 Thank barbsboyBoston
Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My family expected a fun weekend at the Cape. Our weekend started with dinner at the Irish Village. The room was dark and dirty. The service was non-existent. At dinner, our server disappeared - never offered us dessert or coffee. I had to find a manager to get the bill. I explained that we hadn't see our server in a half hour and that no one is helping their guests. He threatened me to go back to my table or he would call the police! (the other manager apologized for his behavior) Then the server gave me an argument that she served the beverages we never received.
The hotel was dirty and old. The hostess was eating cake while talking to people (with her mouth opened - gross).
It felt like a honky-tonk horror movie. We should have gone to another hotel because our kids were so disappointed and my husband felt ripped off. The hotel looks good on the outside but is pretty run down on the inside.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank Jaxx J
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Just back from a long weekend at the Cape Cod Irish Village, and my wife, my daughter and I enjoyed it very much. With a package that included two nights, with a third free, one dinner and two full breakfasts included, it was a great deal. The food in the restaurant was good, the rooms clean, and the bar/lounge lively. Unlike the "old" Irish Village, the new site has all indoor access to the indoor pool. I found the rooms clean and comfortable, and the staff friendly and accomodating. To be sure, the crowd, off season, is on the old side, but that's okay. I intend to go back soon.

Room Tip: Our room/suite had two double beds, and a sitting room with pull out couch. For families on a budge...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Mack28614
Framingham, MA
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The NEW Irish Village is kind of caught between two worlds. On one hand, the front of the house (lobby, dining / bar area) is all very nice, clean, new. The rooms are larger than average, but seem a little dated. Again, not bad, but not super spiffy either. The pools need some love though, especially the deck area.

Overall, I thought the place was clean but needs some updating. Food was good, as was service and we were there in the height of the season. Get the meal plan to save some money.

2 Thank Mikey013
5.0 km away
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Cape Cod Irish Village? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK