“A Hidden Gem”

Skippy's Pier 1
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 36
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Water Front Dining Overlooking Parker's River Marina.
Reviewed 12 September 2018

I had a small private party yesterday to commemorate 9-11. Sandy, the owner, Andy, the bartender and the Chef [I do not know his name] made the event memorable. The appetizers served were delicious, piping hot, tasty and perfect for our social. The bartender made the best beautiful looking and tasting craft cocktails, along with the traditional drinks. Sandy couldn't be more congenial, helpful, attentive, etc.Kudos to a great job. We have eaten here many times, never disappointed, and will continue to visit this restaurant. The ambiance and hospitality is so welcome. Thank you team Skippy Pier 1 for making our day exceptionally memorable.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Only my third try at clams since returning to Cape this time but by far the worst I’ve had. All “fry”and no “clams”. Left about $10 worth of $18 clams for the kitchen folks to eat. Best clams I ever had were on Cape Anne maybe 20 years ago. Have been back to New England area maybe 3-4 times since and haven’t duplicated experience. JT’s in Brewster came close. Service was average 3 Star.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Terrible over priced food.Clueless staff.Stay away! I have no idea how this place has any good reviews.:(

Reviewed 15 August 2018

We have gone to Skippy's Pier 1 Restaurant for many years and were very disappointed with the food at our latest visit. Two ordered the linguini & clams, which turned out to look and taste like a handful of canned clam pieces over pasta with no flavor. The pan seared scallops weren't anything to brag about for flavor. What happened to the Skippy's we knew and loved???

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Husband, adult daughter, and I had dinner at Skippy's on Saturday evening. I had called the day before for a reservation, since many years' of travel to Cape Cod had made us wary of trying to show up on a Saturday night anywhere with the hope of being seated at a reasonable hour! Arriving for 7:30 there were a few parties (including one quite large) but we were given a choice window with a beautiful view of the marina. Server named Dillon arrived promptly, took our drink orders (it's always fun to watch our daughter be carded), and was back in a flash with beverages, a saucer of herbed dipping oil, and delicious, warm, mild onion rolls. Dillon gave our daughter great advice as she was trying to decide between two entrees; both she and my husband ordered the lobster risotto special. I gave into the hankering I've had for quite some time and ordered a baked, stuffed lobster. Our meals were presented beautifully and tasted even better. The risotto was creamy and laced with white wine, topped with a very generous amount of lobster meat. My whole lobster was crowned with scallops, and the seafood stuffing had a generous amount of other seafood mixed into it. The lobster itself was chock full of tender meat - the tail and claws were huge, and I had a terrific time taking that crustacean apart bit by bit to savor all the flavor! My daughter's and husband's risotto was presented with tender, steamed broccoli; my lobster was accompanied by choice of starch and "green beans." To my delight the "green beans" were actually beautifully steamed Haricot Vert - and were delicious!! Dillon provided excellent service and the house manager stopped at our table for a short and pleasant chat, too. We had visited Skippy's on a few occasions much earlier, and we were delighted to return. One of the reasons I think that Skippy's is a reasonably quiet restaurant is that it is hidden away - there are no blaring signs on Rt. 28 to herald it. Definitely worth seeking it out and enjoying the marina view and wonderful seafood. I chose mid range for the price category.. our dinner for 3 topped $120 but that also included an excellent wine. Lobster is not inexpensive.

Date of visit: August 2018