“Great recommendation”

Skipper Chowder House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Skipper Restaurant & Chowder House is a seasonal restaurant open from mid April to mid October. We serve the finest seafood with the best view since 1936. Winner of the Newport, Boston and Cape Cod chowder festivals.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were able to get a table very promptly, and were not disappointed. Food was served quickly and was spot on. It's a busy place, which is hardly surpising given the quality of the dishes that we tried.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We dined here on a Saturday night. They do not take reservations and at 7:30 pm the wait was 75 minutes. We were not disappointed. The restaurant is very lively, and somewhat loud. There is a bar upstairs with multiple TVs while you wait for your table, although you have to dodge the servers cutting through the customers to get to the nearby tables. The food was good, but not outstanding. Service was rather slow, because our server seemed to be covering too many tables.The onion rings appetizer hit the spot. We ordered scrod, which was good. They also serve tasty ice cream outside the restaurant. Overall, a fun experience.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We had an amazing time at Skipper's Chowder House. It's right across the street from the beach and wasn't too far from where we were staying.

I started off the dinner with their clam chowder which was as good as they had advertised. Then for the main course, I had the fish and chips which was quite delicious. The portion sizes were a bit bigger than I expected, but that's not exactly a bad thing. The atmosphere of the restaurant is also creative and fun.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Never a disappointed come to the Cape for our anniversary dinner every year ...wished we lived closer...see you next September! Chowder is the best on the cape!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I have seafood and dairy allergies and these folks provided a level of service that was extraordinary. A manager came over to speak to me to make sure I knew what I could eat and what I could substitute. I ordered a margarita and even the bartender came over to make sure the ingredients they use were safe. My wife who has no allergies had a giant lobster roll and a tasty cup of chowder. I had the prime rib and it was cooked perfectly and it was almost as big as the plate. I want to thank the staff again for a great meal and for making me feel safe so my wife and I could enjoy a nice meal out.