My family and I stayed here for 4 nights, the week before Labor Day. We opted for 2 rooms (#20 and 21) for our family of 4, and it worked out very well. There was no connecting door, but we were fine with the setup. The rooms are not fancy, but they're very clean and comfortable. The beds were doubles, and I would have preferred queens, but they were fine. The bathrooms seem to be newly updated, and are attractive. Overall, we were very happy with this hotel. When we were hanging at the hotel, the pool was nice, and the beachfront location was fantastic. The water was colder than the S. Jersey shore (just post-Hurricane Irene), and there were no lifeguards on that particular beach, but sitting on a lounge chair overlooking Nantucket Sound was ever so relaxing...and shell-collecting was fun as well. You can walk for quite a distance on the beach. The location was great for exploring the Cape. We took several day trips - to Chatham, P-town, on a whale-watching excursion, etc. The front desk staff was very helpful with travel and restaurant suggestions. If we have a chance to return, I'd try for an oceanfront efficiency suite, or at least an efficiency with a private balcony. (Note: I do hope they install more electrical outlets in the future. Everyone in our family travels with at least 3 items that require charging, and outlets were very hard to find in our rooms.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surfcomber on the Ocean is a small, peaceful oceanfront hotel with a private beach on warm Nantucket Sound. Run by the same family for over 55 years, the Surfcomber has 33 rooms, many with fully equipped kitchens, an outdoor heated swimming pool, a shuffleboard court and many comfy chaise lounges. The Surfcomber offers its guests free WiFi and free parking and is centrally located close to many good restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Surfcomber on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfcomber On The Ocean Hotel South Yarmouth
- Surfcomber On The Ocean South Yarmouth, MA - Cape Cod