“Awesome meal, service and experience”
Review of The Red Cottage

The Red Cottage
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in South Dennis
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 25
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Ate here during an 18-day road trip with my family and we all agreed it was best overall meal of the vacation. We are so lucky to have come across this place for dinner - and it looks amazing for breaksfast and lunch too. The Johnny Cakes were a real treat and totally new to us. The lobster rolls, seafood alferedo and steak tips were all awesome as well. Our server, Rebecca, was incredible. She helped us understand the local dishes (like Johnny Cakes, difference in types of lobster rolls) and even gave us great advice for where to go see seals and visit beaches.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Quaint little diner with perfect service by Jen; our own musketeer!
Had savory crepe with ham onion & pepper with side of most delicious home fries.
Husband got hash & fresh baked cranberry muffin, so moist & delicious.

We got a loaf of cinnamon bread to go.
Coming back tomorrow !!!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Have been in Dennis for a few years and have thought about this place on several occasions but everytime we drive by the line is out the door! We happened to be driving by one night and noticed there was no line but the parking lot was full. I thought they were only B-Fast and lunch but to my surprise they started opening for dinner a few years back. We were not dissappointed. Great food, great service and a warm and cozy atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

I can find no faults.
Be prepared to wait for a table. Don’t come here with impatience. 8AM on a Thursday and the lot was packed with vehicles, and a crowd standing outside. I had to park on the shoulder of the road about 200 yards away.

Being alone, I snagged the odd counter seat upon arriving. The menu is weighty. There’s a lot to choose from. Mostly the same items in various combinations. Sitting in view of the grill, ruled out Hash. It really has to impress me, and I could see that it would not. That’s just me. I’ve tried a lot of hash, all over the country.
I wanted something I could get no where else, and ended up on the Country omelet. I know, I know. How is a meat and veggie omelet special? The grill cooks sold it for me. Such skill and attention to detail. It was good, not moan out loud extraordinary. The crispy potatoes were cooked right the first time.

I should have gotten the Cottage potatoes instead.
I should have upgraded my bread choice to Apple Pie French Toast.
I should have tried some sausage gravy on my omelet.
I thought of all these things while reading Yelp reviews and completely forgot to execute a single one. Maybe I would have moaned out loud.

Super friendly, patient, and helpful staff. A mature staff that you don’t see checking their phones.

Very clean place, and of course, cash only.

** Hidden in the meat sides is the offering of Cajun seasoning. The hot sauces are standard and tired. Put that seasoning in some shakers or peppermill grinders to add some “Oomph” to the meals. If I saw a server grinding a mill at another table on a patrons plate, I know I would inquire.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing and lives up to all the hype that you get from the TripAdvisor reviews. We had fantastic Lobster eggs benedict, crepes, home fries, you name it. The interior is incredibly quaint, the service is fantastic and you can see your food actually being cooked right before your eyes! Everything was incredibly fresh and the service was fantastic. A word of warning however they only take cash. The good news, they have an ATM machine in the restaurant.