“Upscale and Romantic”

Ranked #4 of 8 Sandwich B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Upscale and Romantic”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This is the second time that I've been in Belfy Bistro with my boyfriend. Our first visit was in August and we thought it is a very interesting looking bistro so we wanted to try. We were there for lunch so we ordered simple things such burger and a salad. It was delicious! Then we decided to come back to Belfy later on and we reserved a table for V.day. On their web site their menu did not changed and we thought they might have additional offerings for V.day. When we went there, we saw that the whole menu was changed into sth different then what the web site said. As me and my boyfriend are extremely picky, we were scared that we cant have a good dinner in the V.day. Anyways, my boyfriend got pork chops and I got Ceasar Salad( I am not very good with meat, I eat chicken but they didnt have any kind of chicken entrees in the menu). Our food was fantastic and the desert was even better!
We are definitely coming back Belfy but next time please add any changes to your website.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Barnstable, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 February 2012

FUN!

We had been by it many times and just assumed it would be very expensive. While walking the area ( most beautiful neighborhood) My husband and I decided to take a peak inside. The place is gorgeous. We walked up to the huge cathedral doors and stepped inside. After checking out the menu on a wall, we were happy to see they served lunch as well as dinner. We were greeted by the host and as requested he sat us at a nice table near the wood burning stove. Our waitress was pleasant and on the ball. When our meal came I must say it was one of the best tasting char-broiled tasting hamburgers I have had in years.
Looking for something new this is a great place.

Room Tip: Only had lunch here can't say how the rooms are. If any reflection it should be great.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I booked a room in the Painted Lady, but upon arrival, was upgraded to a gorgeous room (Monday) in the Abbey. The room has high ceilings, an incredibly comfortable king-sized bed, facing a gas fireplace and flat-screen TV, and is accompanied by a wonderfully relaxing 2 person jacuzzi tub. I've eaten at the Bistro before and was sorry that it was closed for the month of January; however, I'll try to make it back in February! I can't review the Inn's breakfasts because I wasn't able to motivate earlier than 10:30 or so. Maybe next time. If you're looking for something out of the ordinary, and you'd like to relax in an unconventional and comfortable setting, I'd highly recommend the Belfy Inne & Bistro.

Room Tip: I was originally looking for a room in the Painted Lady, but Monday in the Abbey was wonderful (grea...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Sometimes one doesn't make plans and places just appear as per magic. That happened on a beautiful day in October. I left Boston for a few days in Cape Cod and someone had mentioned Sandwich. It was lunch time, I was attracted by the building as it was an old church. Had lunch on the terrace and asked if there were any rooms available. They told me Alex will show you around. Family run the Inne is comfortable, unusual, friendly, food is great! Lovely walks to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for the Tuesday room in the Abbey with its amazing circular stained glass window, although I'...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Lazen60
West Harwich, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 November 2011

The Belfry Inne reflects exquisite taste in all the rooms. We have stayed in almost all of them.Each one has retained the stained glass windows from the church and has used the pews for many of the bed headboards. The personal care to all guests is outstanding. The chef is creative and produces delightful dinners. A real wood fire in fall and winter provides a warm ambiance. We continue to be drawn to this lovely oasis from the real world.

Room Tip: We love the larger rooms. Friday room was excellent.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cornelia d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandwich
36.8 km away
36.0 km away
Winstead Inn and Beach Resort
Winstead Inn and Beach Resort
#1 of 8 in Harwich Port

Been to Belfry Inn and Bistro? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK