All reviewscape tipwall muralsp townoff seasoncape codcontinental breakfastfront desk managerbit datedbagelsprivate beachrooms are smallcommercial streetlow tidea king size bedlong pointherring cove beachhard boiled eggs
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We had booked this hotel months ago while planning out trip, not realising the edge of hurricane Jose was going to swing by! The people we spoke to a couple of days before told us we may not make it from Woods Hole to here because of the expected winds and rain,(for a couple of brits,that news was a bit scary!) so we set off early just in case we had to turn round.
Made it ok but arrived early for check in, plenty of parking spaces, staff understood why we were early and as the room was ready booked us in.
Really grateful to them for that.
We had booked a king ocean room with a veranda, and that’s what we got. Room was big,bed comfy,bathroom was a bit small- but how long are u in there for! Veranda and ocean view was amazing. We stayed here for 3 nights and I’m sure if
the weather had been the same as the week before and a week later we would have spent time out there.!
It is about a 20 min walk to town and parking was a mission. But as the hurricane was expected, a couple of the pay and display car parks were free for a couple of days.
The town was nice to walk round even though we were a bit “soggy”at times! Lots of shops to browse and plenty of cafes and restaurants to eat. Would have been lovely in the sun!
The hotel is right at the end if Cape Cod and has amazing views, yes it does need a bit of attention {it is an old building} to decor etc, but It is “on its own” it’s not a chain,so everything is not the same as them.
The murals on the walls we interesting to us and did spend a bit of time looking at them.
There are lots of areas for sitting to read a book or check e mails (didn’t have a problem with WiFi )
We only eat breakfast here,and found it more than adequate,
we really enjoyed our stay!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Let me start with what was right: the staff - they were all amazing . The staff knocked it out of the park; they were very courteous and quick. We arrived early , and needed a bathroom and to park. They kindly let us check in 45 minutes early so we could get settled. Our room was almost finished and the staff said they would come right back with our towels , which they did - - promptly. Through and through, they were amazing and friendly. I felt like they were all always happy to see me. They just all had such warmth. The owners/proprietors are very lucky to have such consistently wonderful staff.

The view was great. We had a balcony with outdoor seating and windows that opened, permitting the sea air to freshen the room . There are dividers between the balconies so you feel like you're alone. Very nice touch. We woke early to watch the sunrise and had a wonderful view - a lighthouse in the distance.

Our room overlooked a length of the roof to the banquet hall below. Beyond that was the lawn and pool, 1st floor rooms, and then the beach. So there is a lot between here and there, which some might find hinders the view or detracts from it. I could live with it.

There is a pool and beach access right at the edge of the property. At low tide you can walk quite a ways out and get great photos of the skyline with the Pilgrim Monument towering above.

The hotel is at the edge of town so it is quieter but still walking distance (a 20 minute walk, I'd say). You can pass through the dunes and come out at the rotary at the end of Commercial Street to bypass the frustrating drive through town -- which I loved. There are rocks leading out to the lighthouse right nearby, too. Location is awesome -- but I could also see how the location could be a drawback for others since, like I said, it is on the fringes of downtown.

They also have a breakfast to include fruit and eggs, bagels and muffins. There is a coffeemaker in the room -- great for an eye-opener before heading downstairs.

Now -- the drawbacks. We had a 2nd floor room above the banquet hall . There were weddings all weekend. I felt lousy one night and wanted to turn in early - 8PM . The music was just thumping . I turned on the A/C even though it was chilly just to use as a 'white noise machine." The resort is rather expansive - a compound of sorts of connected buildings. So if quiet is important to you, you could request a room in another part of the building. The 2nd floor when there are weddings could be torture , and it was. Ask in advance.

The decor is dated. I'm sure it was topnotch in the early '90's or late '80's, but it's pretty tired now. (Plastic white "headboard" to match the white plastic bureau/dresser. Lamp chained to the ceiling above two old looking chairs ) . The artwork in our room looked sun-faded, too.

Its bathroom was small and equipped with a shower stall, no bathtub. (I see other rooms mention tubs - probably varies by room). The bathroom was simply styled -- just white -- and looked to have updates, newer sink and fixtures.

Still, I felt like they were charging way too much for so little ambience.

I noticed that the captions of the hallway murals touted the artist , but I thought they were tacky. I took a picture of a couple, not because I wanted to remember them so much as I felt like "no one is gonna believe this......."

The Wifi was horrible. I kept clicking out of it and just .... using my own phone data. The wifi was so sluggish and kept freezing. If I needed wifi for my job , if I was on a business trip or needed to deal with something remotely , this would be a big problem. The night I turned in early and felt sick, I just wanted to read and use my iPhone to look at magazines and I simply couldn't load the articles.

There are restaurants and banquet rooms throughout the downstairs . The night I didn't feel well, we ordered from the inhouse restaurant. They have a 3-course meal for $16.95. They were out of lasagna, so I chose the steak tips. It was pretty good. It came with a sizeable salad with green leafy lettuce . For dessert they were out of cheesecake. I got the chocolate cake and my boyfriend got the Indian pudding. The Indian pudding was nothing to write home about -- we each had a bite and had no more -- and the chocolate cake was okay. The service was quick and friendly -- true to what I had said about the staff. So the restaurant was okay.

Their pool was still open and I saw people swimming in it -- that was a nice surprise for Columbus Day Weekend. The landscaping was well-kept , the grass nicely manicured and rose bushes all over. Very pretty.

As for amenities -- the room had a dorm fridge inside and a coffee maker. There was no hairdryer . Their toiletries were nice -- orange-scented. They even had an exfoliating bar of soap. That was a nice touch.

I don't know that I would stay here again. I don't know that I wouldn't. It was okay. I feel like I could do a lot better for the price, but this place has some assets such as the view and nice staff.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room was above the banquet hall and there were weddings all weekend so it was noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2017

The entire complex needs a facelift. Ceilings look like they are from the 50s and it is all very dated. That being said it was clean. Our bathroom was spotless. The floors squeezed and doors rattled. The hallway outside the rooms were kinda cruddy with crickets crawling around. The food in the restaurant onsite was very good and reasonably priced. We had a ocean view and it was beautiful with a small patio for 4 outside our backdoor ,,, anywhere else away from the ocean this room would be under a $100

Room Tip: The single level section with pool ,ocean or harbor views are all going to be nice
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
ProvincetownManager, Front Office Manager at Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

'Tis the season for the crickets, and they be chirping! The Team do try to remove them but as soon as one set goes, they double up.
Rob, the Provincetown Inn is so appropriately named "The Old Lady of The Sea" and is surely showing age - she's in her 88th year. Each year refurbishing, repairs and upgrades are carried out but, being as busy as we are, these are done at the end of each season.
We want to express our appreciation for your Patronage and would love to see you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Provincetown Inn for 5 nights. The inn was located on the waterfront on the bay, nice views of the bay and Provincetown harbor. The room, somewhat smallish, was equipped with tv, fridge, coffee maker, and clock. The inn offered a continental breakfast each morning. On the negative, the bar and restaurant opened at 5:30, with a very limited dinner menu. The inn is in need of some renovation, and some if not most of the outdoor furniture needs replacing. We also found the rooms noisy due to thin walls and loud groups. Had we known of the limited services, we probably would have stayed elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Our tiny room was unbelievably smelly. The musty/mildew odor is overwhelming. Thankfully the widows open and I felt like we at least got some fresh air although the odor never went away.
I wasn't sure how clean the sheets were but the pillows in shams matching the bedspread were laying on the sleeping pillows. I know those shams are not changed everyday plus they were probably thrown on the floor with the spread as there is no place to put them.
The carpet in and out of the room smells and looks very worn.
The bathroom is tiny. A bigger person would not be able to sit on the toilet without his or her right side touching the wall. I'm average size and came close to the wall. There is some sort of mold or something in the crevices near the bottom of the shower.
Exposed pipes in the room and bathroom coming through the walls providing an easy walkway for any type of vermin.
No hair dryer or iron/board. This is a very minor point for me but are items seen in much less expensive hotels.
Just all around grimy, dated and horribly smelly.
Some pluses. The main area has many very nice wall murals and other decorative touches, which makes the condition of the rooms even more disappointing.
The hotel manager(?) offered a beach room when I complained about the one we had. I declined when he said that all the rooms were in the same condition and I asked to be let out of my second night reservation which was agreed to.
I would never stay here again even if the stay was free.
I also need to say that I have stayed in some very old, not fancy places in New Orleans, Breaux Bridge, LA, Red Boiling Springs,TN, etc that were impeccably clean and pleasant to stay in. The problems at this Inn is not age related but the total lack of care by the owners.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
ProvincetownManager, Front Office Manager at Provincetown Inn Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Sue McB:
We thank you for your review of your recent stay, and even though a very "poor review", we appreciate you taking the time to write one.
On check-in earlier this week, you spoke to an Agent about the odor in the Room. You asked if all the Rooms were like this and he did respond "yes". Not clarifying that he meant the Room type, not the 'odor'... I overheard the conversation and immediately told him to offer a Waterview Room - to which you declined the offer. We wish you'd have taken the time to even look at the Room.
When you came to the Desk the next morning I again asked if you wanted to see another Room, again you declined. You were refunded the night's stay.
You also stated there were no amenities in the room, these items are available and are provided upon request.
The Room was checked for odor but nothing was detected. So sorry your stay was not as you expected and you not wanting to stay at the Inn again, but let me reassure you, your review is well noted.
Have a great rest-of year!

Regards.