“Lobster Rolls to a Big Win”

Bayside Betsy's Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 142 Restaurants in Provincetown
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Four of us all ordered the Lobster Roll. Nicely toasted roll with a lot of claw meat and minimal extra stuff. Best Lobster Roll I had all summer. I also got a cup of chowder, highly recommend. Bring your wallet because the Roll is going to set you back a bit...but worth it.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants in Provincetown, from the time it was down on the corner, in the Knights of Columbus building.

We questioned if an ingredient could be omitted from one of the menu items, which I think is where the problems started. We then tried to make a joke about it (to lighten the tense atmosphere), but our server didn't seem to appreciate our sense of humor. I received a mediocre caesar salad; too much lemon, very little grated cheese, virtually no garlic. The blackened shrimp I added to it was dreadful: it was SO blackend that you couldn't taste the shrimp. I would have liked to discuss this with our server, but he never once asked us if our meals were okay.

While we "oldsters" were ignored, he lavished attention on the young couple sitting right next to us. I was prepared to complain to management as we left the restaurant, but no one was in sight. So, if you're reading this and over 40, you might want to consider another restaurant that's a little more "gray-haired friendly." Perhaps our server hasn't yet figured out that the mature customer tends to be a MUCH better tipper.

2  Thank J. C
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Big long menu of seafood goodies. Not cheap - but it’s p-town. Most of us had fried seafood dishes - fish and chips or fisherman’s platter. Very large portions, seafood seemed quite fresh. Nothing to write home about but good. Ok small beer list. Ok service.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

We've eaten lunch at Betsy's three times over the years. As others have mentioned, the restaurant has a really great view over the harbor. But not all tables can see it equally well, so if the view matters to you call them for a reservation and request.

We've had really fine food every time. Yesterday the fried scallop po' boy sandwich and the ahi tuna nachos with seaweed salad and cucumber wasabi sauce were first-rate.

[Their sign board out on the street said "We don't have Wi-Fi. Talk to each other."] :)

1  Thank Stuart R
Irv M, Owner at Bayside Betsy's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Wandered into Betsy's while I was on my own for the day in P-town, and had a lovely lobster roll lunch. It was simple, straight ahead, and the service I received was great. Looking forward to trying them again when I'm back in the fall. Thanks for a great meal!