“Perfect R&R”

Ranked #1 of 63 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Perfect R&R”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

As a global traveler, I always hope for the best but rarely find it. I'm writing my first 'trip advisor' to share with fellow traveler's the good news about the Inn At Cook Street. A restful sleep in a luxuriously comfortable bed, cleanliness, a hearty breakfast with great coffee and welcoming innkeepers. My stay at Doreen & Lisa's beautifully-appointed Inn was all I good have hoped for and more.
PCJones, Esq.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

The Inn at Cook Street is located on the quiet east side of Provincetown, which was a plus for us. It is a just ten-minute walk to the center of town, which lets you enjoy the action while not being immersed in it 24/7. The Inn itself consists of the original house plus additions and outbuildings, so the rooms are diverse. We stayed in the Four Seasons Room, which has lovely views of the garden and is very pretty (although you should be an early riser, since it adjoins the kitchen and you can hear when breakfast is getting underway). Breakfast offered a good array of the usual options, with one hot item each morning. The baked goods (on offer in the afternoons as well as at breakfast) are outstanding. Lisa is a warm and friendly person, who sets the tone for the inn; we had very convivial conversations with the other guests at meals.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Marlborough, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Inn on Cook Street in the Writers Room and we couldn't have been happier. The Innkeepers, Lisa and Doreen were extremely nice, accommodating, and genuinely cared about their clients, which was very evident.

The room we stayed in was impeccable. The room was extremely clean, warm and cozy, smelled very nice, and was fully stocked on various things that you may need during your stay (ei, iron, hair dryer, make up removing clothes, office supplied and much more).

In addition, the breakfast provided in the morning was DELICIOUS! There were fresh muffins that were still warm when I bit into them and everything was freshly prepared. Furthermore, the location of the Inn is perfect. The street is perpendicular to Commercial Street (I believe) which is the main street where there is a variety of different activities. Therefore, I was in walking distance with the activity and fun, however, during the night I was able to relax in a quiet and peaceful environment.

I absolutely recommend anyone to stay at the Inn at Cook Street at your stay in Provincetown. You are guaranteed a perfect stay and will not be let down. I plan on returning to the Inn to stay in different rooms throughout the Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelsey H
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Having just came back from a stay at the Inn I have to say it was wonderful!!! Not only are the rooms very clean, they are very well thought out as far as ammenities, you have organic soap, makeup removal cloths, beach towels, can openers, dishes, just about everything you may need, & the bed was AMAZING, I can't say enough about how comfortable it was, the Inn manager/chef Gayle, words can't begin, she makes Cook Street an A+++, not only is she personable & warm, she is an amazing cook, a wealth of knowledge, and at your beck and call, my partner & I will go back because of Gayle, and the wonderful hosts Lisa & Doreen, and the amazingly
quiet setting in the heart of the art gallery district, a must stay!!!

Room Tip: Super cozy beds!!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

My 7 year old son and I travel to Provincetown each July. The last two years, we decided to explore other accommodations. This year we chose The Inn at Cook Street and MUCH preferred that over our last year's stay at Gabriel’s. The Koi Cottage at The Inn @Cook Street was the perfect fit for us. We were able to park adjacent to the cottage (no walking up a hill to our car every time we needed to drive somewhere as we did last year) and the area is much more residential (less commercial). We were greeted, checked in and shown around immediately. While we like to stroll Commercial Street where all the action (and closer to where we stayed last year) the short- pleasant walks back into the quiet part of town was a soothing-end to each activity-filled-day. I would only remark that the street is very close to the Inn and you will hear traffic at times but honestly that's unavoidable given the tightness of Provincetown in general. The Koi cottage had a sleeping loft with a gate for safety which my son immediately set-up as his private area, complete with board games and extra blankets and pillows. The cottage had a cozy but well laid out kitchen that we made good use of preparing and packing lunches for a day of beach boogie boarding and sand castle building. The gardens and courtyard @ Cook Street are meticulously landscaped and we enjoyed morning coffee out there with song birds and mourning doves. The rooms are very clean and everything you could think of has been already thought of from beach towels to toiletries. Breakfast consisted of solid - well-presented basics with a homemade-surprise each morning. Though we weren't around to always partake, there were fresh baked cookies and refreshing beverages afternoons and evenings to enjoy. Lisa is a most kind and remarkable Innkeeper whom we met our at our first breakfast morning. She genuinely cares about the service and experience each guest has and openly strives for feedback to custom make your stay the best it can possibly be. We met Doreen, also an Innkeeper later that evening and she too is incredibly warm and interested in going beyond the expected. Lisa recommended perfect vegetarian restaurants for me and my son as well as a running route for early birds like me. We simply loved it and still linger over the wonderful accommodations, food and warmth we experienced at The Inn @ Cook Street. We will be back time for many years to come!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family