“The Best B&B without the Chintz!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Foxberry Inn

Foxberry Inn
Ranked #18 of 67 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Florida
“The Best B&B without the Chintz!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

We had generally given up on anything classified as a B&B, but the Foxberry Inn has all the great amenities of a B&B without the chintz, creaky floors and nosey innkeeper. We loved our visit from start to finish. The location is very close to the dunes and water and so quiet you love just sitting on the patio. The room is lovely and it is within walking distance of the village center, yet away from the crowds. The parking is plentiful and access is easy without driving through the main part of town. The service is what sets it apart; Joe was genuinely a happy guy who seemed to enjoy sharing his life with people who stayed there. The breakfast was wonderful and the fresh baked afternoon cookies added a homey touch. The house was always open with beverages, snacks, and a cozy living room. I think this place should be #1.

Room Tip: I think any room would be equally excellent.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuzeQFlorida
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Mechanicville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

From the moment my wife and I arrived, we felt at home. John is the most gracious host. The property is beautiful, the rooms are great and the staff is absolutely the best. We really loved the breakfast that John prepares everyday. The attention to detail is there at every turn with everything they do. The location is perfect - quiet and within walking distance of everything. Outstanding and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jim R
italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

...because I can't give 6. Excellent place! Nice bedrooms, quiet location, great breakfast, wonderful staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bob_italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here at the end of the 2011 season. Let me start by saying I am the most pickiest person ever. I notice EVERYTHING ! I was so impressed by The Foxberry Inn that I wrote a review while staying there but I see the review was never posted.
The Foxberry Inn is a gorgeous property !! What tender loving care was put into the beautifully decorated rooms and common rooms, Spotlessly clean and the BEST customer service eve!!. The breakfast is delicious and the cold,hot drinks/ treats throughout the day are very much appreciated.
The location is perfect. Walkable to town(15 min) and close to the dunes and beaches. We will not think about staying anywhere else in Provincetown when we make our annual trip to the Cape this year. I have stayed at other Inns in townover the years and have not been this impressed.

Maria and James Mock
Westchester County NY

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewyorkChubby
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

From the initial phone call – when I called to inquire about the rooms – I already heard the sunshine in John’s voice. I’m very particular about the hotels I stay in, rule number one – must have duvets! I mean really, hotels that don’t have duvets, what year are you living in?! It’s so last season!!! Seriously though – have they every watched that 20/20 special where they took out that black light thing and showed all the gross stuff that comforters hold? And um, the whole beg bug thing – come on! Get with the program and get duvets! Anyway, the photos of the hotel looked quite lovely so we were quick to make a decision and stay here.

Off the beaten path, ok not really, I just wanted to say that. However it’s not right in town with I actually found nice. It’s walking distance, but a good walk. I liked how it was out in the quiet, and closer to the natural part of PTown. The outside seating areas were so inviting, with the warm pillows, benches and sun chairs. The reception area was very cute, reminded me of a place I always want to visit. You know, like auntie’s house, who had cookies baking and a warm fire. We met John and he is so friendly. His smile and laughter is very addicting and made us feel at home in a NY minute. After a few cookies and a diet coke (yes, diet), he took us to our room. OMG! Are you kidding? This is the cutest ever! EVAH! The deco was simple and sweet. Very clean – I love that! The attention to detail was noticed and appreciated. Our most favorite part - the bed is to die for. I’m not sure what mattress is in there but I’m pretty sure it’s close to heaven! We still to this day think (and miss) the best sleep we ever had – ever.

The second best thing, which is only maybe one very small point away from the bed, is the breakfast spread. I mean seriously with the home made quiche?!

Both Johns were so lovely and helpful. Directions, recommendation, even beach towels… whatever we asked for, they we quick to help, always with a touch of sunshine. It is people like them that need to fill this world more so that we all can enjoy even the simple things in life.

Thank you Johns for an amazing stay!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends