Surfside Hotel & Suites
Boatslip Resort(Provincetown)
  • Free Internet
Sandcastle Resort(Provincetown)
  • Pool
All reviewsfire pitprivate beachwaterfront roomocean frontp townminute walkshared balconyfree breakfastbagelssliding doorwaffle makermake your own wafflesno elevatorgreat poolpool sideking roomcommercial street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have been staying at Surfside for 7 years and have since day one been welcomed and made to feel at home here. The rooms are very well maintained and as of recently been redone and an addition of a gas powered fire pit made our stay even more enjoyable. This is the only place I stay when visiting the Cape and I try to at least twice a year.

Room Tip: You cannot beat the view from the ocean front rooms. Nice Balconies to sit on to enjoy the ocean sights.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

It was a pleasure having you with us again this season - we always look forward to seeing our past guests (family) I am also happy to hear you like to new remodel of the waterfront rooms and enjoyed the new firepit. It seems as though our guests will enjoy sitting in front of the firepit after a long day of shopping, eating, swimming and partying in Provincetown. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed in the Lighthouse suite for 3 days to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Awesome space, beautifully decorated, with mini-kitchen, dining area, living room, big TV's, jacuzzi tub, and its own private deck, just feet away from the ocean, with a gorgeous panoramic view. Breakfast was decent with fresh grapefruit, waffles, bagels, and plentiful and excellent coffee. Good restaurant right next door. About a 15-minute walk to town (which some reviewers complained about, but we enjoyed the walk, the view, and the various stores along the way). We've been to the Surfside many times and will return the next time we need to recharge our batteries.

Room Tip: A regular room is fine but might be a little cramped for more than a night's stay. We took advantage of the manager's special and got a good deal on our spacious suite for the 3 nights.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Always a pleasure to see return guests, happy to hear you once again enjoyed your stay at the Surfside Hotel and Suites. Indeed these suites are beautiful and you can't beat the view and right on our private beach. We look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I was interested in staying at the Surfside Hotel during an upcoming visit. I researched the costs associated with all the major suppliers including right here on TripAdvisor. I found rooms for $85 a night while I was there. Not a bad rate. Then I went to the hotel's website where the surprise really occurred.

They were posting an $85 a night rate as well with a by one night get one night free offer. I attempted to make my reservation but was told it would be $190 with taxes for two nights. What happened to the $85 a night rate?

I contact the hotel management who told me their regular rate is $169 a night. Really? Because the rack rate on their website says $109 and no travel company came close to the $169 a night rate. I explained this and she stood by her numbers. So then I contacted the parent company who also stood by the numbers and their general manager.

This is a classic upsell to give the appearance of a discount rate. Except here, they got caught. Watch your wallets when dealing with this hotel. The parent company is Linchris Hotel Corporation. I gave them numerous opportunities to honor their advertised rate but they refused. Guess I'll be staying elsewhere when I visit Provincetown.

Room Tip: Watch your credit card and bill.
Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Chris_G_2008
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

I'm sorry you did not understand our breakdown of rate for the Buy One Get One Free - the rate is $169.99 plus tax for the first night the second night is free! We break this rate down to $84.99 plus tax per night when making the reservations for you, we are not trying to deceive anyone this is a great off season rate. We mail our this special to over 4,000 people who make their Spring Special reservations with us and understand the breakdown. I'm sorry you did not have the opportunity to stay with us in our newly remodeled hotel, I'm sure you would have enjoyed your stay with us as many do this time of year with our great specials and packages. We have been running this special for years with no complaints, everyone enjoys the off season rate with us.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Nice, clean n comfy rooms. They have two sections, one in on the beach, facing the water, and other is a bit on the inner side, towards the street. They offer complimentary breakfast which is really good!. They have private beach and a pool too. The parking is located behind the hotel, which is a bit crampy, especially during the weekends. They do not offer room service, and there is no onsite restaurant at this hotel. Location wise it is quite close to the center of the commercial street. Overall a good stay. Always book here in advance as it is pretty much booked during weekends and peak seasons.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Thank you for your great comments on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. You will be happy to hear that we have made changes and added some parking spaces to the parking lot, much needed in July and August. We also remodeled the courtyard, added a firepit where we will serve drinks from our Lighthouse Bar in the evening. The rooms on the waterfront were also remodled this winter. Many great changes for the 2012 season.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Great views of Cape Cod bay, awesome inn keepers and handicapped accessible (waterfront building rooms & suites). Would recommend for families or couples. TRUE New England experience.

Room Tip: New suites have wonderful decks w its own entrance to private, well kept beach.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Surfside543, General Manager at Surfside Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review, we look forward to seeing you again this season. My employees love to hear about our guests experiences, I will post this for all employees to see when they return in April.