“My favorite place to stay in Provincetown”

Christopher's by the Bay
Ranked #27 of 62 Provincetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“My favorite place to stay in Provincetown”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I am a frequent guest at Christopher's and I had never been disappointed. The rooms are spotless, the breakfasts are always delicious and their prices are extremely reasonable.The hosts, Jim and Dave, make every guest feel at welcome. They are happy to help with questions about ptown and leave great little snacks in the front room that add a nice homey touch. I cannot recommend Christopher enough, it is becoming the only place I stay when visiting ptown!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ChrisMBoston
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I made my first visit to Provincetown Labor Day 2006. I stayed at CBTB that year, and every year since!

The house is over 100 years old, but has been well kept. It's warm, and comfortable. I have grown to be just as comfortable staying here as in my own house, and that doesn't happen to me very often.

Jim and Dave do a wonderful job of running the place with the help of Shane. The rooms are always clean, baths are always cleaned and stocked, and the breakfast is great.

My favorite place about the house is the back patio. It's gorgeous. It's a great place to sit and eat breakfast, take a break in the afternoon, or have a glass of wine in the evening. And not to mention, hang out with Jeb! (Their adorable black lab.)

The house is situated perfectly for me. It's on a quiet sidestreet away from the insanity - yet if you want insanity it's just a 5 minute walk away.

Stay here!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Brandon V
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay at Christopher's by the Bay. My room was very clean and comfortable. The service was fantastic; my room was always promptly made up with clean towels and fresh linens. I really enjoyed the cozy outdoor patio. The owners Jim and Dave were incredibly helpful with suggestions for restaurants and activities in and around Ptown. I plan on coming back and staying there again and highly recommend this B and B to anyone.

Room Tip: Loved the Michelangelo room! Was very spacious and quiet.
2 Thank Jason K
Provincetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I've been visiting PTown for many years now and consider it a home away from home. Have stayed in condos and several other bed and breakfasts over the past 20 years both on my own and with a partner. I must say that Christopher's is one of the best in terms of my checklist: accommodations, GREAT coffee, comfort and convenience. They are located one block from the bay (and quick walk to center of town), have very comfortable and well-kept rooms (thanks Shane!) a gorgeous private back garden area with water trickling to the fish tank, great music playing, plenty to read and amazing coffee for my morning wake up. A nice balance of choice for breakfast (one morning there was a fantastic peach cobbler type dish!) and the owners are personable and accommodating above and beyond most hosts. I also love the front room which has comfy chairs, couches and big bay windows. This past stay I spent quite a bit of time there as the weather had turned colder and had some great convos with other guests. Having stayed here several times now this season I can say without hesitation that my great experience was not hit and miss but pleasantly consistent. Thanks Jim and Dave! You've figured out how to get it right. Will definitely be back next season if not sooner!

Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I spent two nights in Provincetown for a wedding and picked Christopher's for its convenient location. I was extremely pleased and would not hesitate to stay at Christopher's again.

The interior is elegant and relaxed, without being overstated or too trendy. My room was clean, spacious, quiet, and I slept deeply in my incredibly comfortable bed. The front reading room, with spacious bay windows, is a perfect place to enjoy the morning sun. The secluded back patio is a great place to enjoy breakfast, chill, and to meet other guests.

Housecleaning is superb!

Jim and Dave, the hosts, have a friendly and relaxed style that made me feel at home. Jim was able to lend me an iPhone charging cable because I forgot to pack mine. Dave was very helpful in moving another guest's car after hours so that I could drive to Truro for an after-wedding party.

All in all, my stay at Christopher's made an already fantastic visit even better.

2 Thank duncanhsu02