“Yummy Yum! Get the Sheps Pie Appetizer”
Review of Dillon's Local

Dillon's Local
Ranked #13 of 218 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 22
Description: Dillon's Local is a cozy watering hole in downtown Plymouth serving delicious comfort food, locally sourced specials, handcrafted cocktails and great, local beer.
Reviewed 17 April 2018

I went here to meet up with family for a dinner on a Sunday night over a long weekend. We got a high top table by the door (a little chilly). The atmosphere was nice and cozy and the food was delicious.

We had the Shepherd's Pie Croquettes as an app- recommend. They were delicious.
We also got the calamari, which was also really good.

For my main course I had the Turkey Dinner. The roasted turkey was a little bit dry, but was still good. The mashed potatoes were okay. The homemade herb stuffing was INCREDIBLE. It was so flavorful and tasty and actually had a crisp\crunch to it. I like stuffing, but I LOVED this stuffing. The Cranberry Orange Chutney was pretty good, but they didn't give enough of it for the size of the meal\plate.

Overall I really liked this place and thoroughly enjoyed my meal. I would recommend it.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Went for the Monday music with the Lindsays Irish music. Very enjoyable, met our expectations. Sparse crowd early, crowded late, lots of regulars and friends of the band, although the band was a genial group, making sure to say hello and thank us for coming as we were leaving. Food was average, fries were very good, not a lot of taste to the short rib grilled cheese. Very large Pear salad. Service was excellent despite the crowd late. Will try it again. It's a good take for an early night out with good music.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Do you search and search for a decent place to find an upgrade in fine cuisine in the Plymouth area? I have for 13 yrs. Dillon’s is a wonderful place to satisfy your cravings! I have now been there 5 times in the last few months. Their menu is varied from excellent seafood selections with unique presentations (I love the cod.) to steak tips that are succulent with crisp steak fries to kill for. A complete bar near, but nicely separate from the immediate dining area, serves up excellent drinks with a great beer menu with excellent Belgian choices that I like. With 12-14 unusual entrees each night, I feel like I’m in a supper club. Friendly servers, often including the owners, are spot on with their recommendations. I have brought multiple guests with me during my visits and have never seen even one disappointed. In my opinion, where much of the ethnic and speciality cuisine, is consistently over-rated, Dillon’s deserves all the kudos. The place is not very large so come early if you can.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

We have eaten here sever times for lunch. The bar setting is comfortable, the service is friends - but most of all, the food is "really" good! We have never been disappointed. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Stopped here for a 2pm lunch on a Saturday in the winter and was surprised how busy it was. I think this speaks to the popularity of the place as well as the food it serves. Got the last table and was seated by the door. Proved to be a chilly spot as I had the door at my back and window along the table. There were some really great options for appetizers but we opted for 2 meals. I had the chicken pot pie which had a delicious flaky crust with lots of chicken and a decent amount of carrots and peas. Also tried my friend's cheeseburger which was absolutely huge and delicious. Grilled bun was fresh and tasty too. Overall, good meal at decent prices. Will definitely try this place again!

Been to Dillon's Local? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK