“Wonderful experience ”
Review of Beach Plum Spa

Beach Plum Spa
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

I had a mother to be massage here and it was wonderful. The spa is really small so don't be expecting a grandiose Spa area. But my massage therapist was so kind and did such a wonderful job. The waiting area was small but it served it's purpose. The receptionist was kind also...if we ever go back to Plymouth I would definitely go back and get a massage.

All reviews
"lockers"
"jelly"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 20 August 2016

My daughter and wife had peppermint pedicure today. After a warm greeting by Saka and Beth, they settled into the chairs for an hour of relaxing bliss. They
would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

I am reviewing the Beach Plum Spa at the John Carver Inn. I felt I had to leave this review here as it seems no one at the Spa really cares about customer service. From the moment I made my appointments I felt as if I were bothering the staff. When I asked for an email confirmation as I wasn't sure the girl on the phone had my appointments correct, I was told one would be sent. The email came 2 days before the appointments not 2 weeks prior as requested. The email was confusing so when I called to confirm that there were 2 of us and that we were receiving different services the woman on the phone was once again gruff and made me feel like I was bothering her. Upon arrival there was not a smile to be found. I was a given a robe too small and when I asked for another they questioned me even though they could clearly see my legs were totally uncovered. The relaxation room was tiny, crowded and did have much in it...a Keurig machine and Styrofoam cups, some trail mix and a jar of old beach plum jelly.
I have to say that the best part of my experience was my massage with Ariane. she was pleasant, asked all the right questions and gave me a WONDERFUL massage. If she ever leaves the Beach Plum I'd like to know where she goes because I would go see her again. My sister in law had a good massage as well but this was her first massage and she was not asked any questions and so was unsure what was to happen.
We then had pedicures in a tiny room overlooking the dirty back of the building. I asked for a glass of water and got a warm glass of tap water...gross! There were about 20 colors of polish to choose from. I get about 120 at my regular nail salon. I had a sore toe for about a week after my pedi. My SIL asked for a glittery top coat to her pedi and when it was over and we were back in the relaxation room she looked closely and there was no glitter in her top coat. For the EXPENSIVE pedi I told her to go back and ask for glitter. She did and was told NO! Really? A $60 pedi and you don't get what you want?? A truly disappointing experience for the expense. The most disappointing thing however has to be the lack of response to both a survey and an email I sent expressing what I have just said here. I have had NO response at all! Not even a sorry you had a bad experience. Shame on you Beach Plum. We won't be back!!

1  Thank ShadyLady401
Jeanna N, Manager at Beach Plum Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

Dear ShadyLady401,Thank you for writing your review. I am so sorry to hear that weren't happy with your visit here with us. Our main objective is to cater to our clients and give them the most enjoyable,relaxing experience possible. We pride ourselves in the professionalism and friendliness our staff provides. We are also very proud of the comfort and coziness that our spa provides. I am so glad that you enjoyed your massages. I just wanted to clarify why our Nail Technician advised against putting an additional coat of polish on your SIL. After 5 coats of polish that were already applied, your Nail Tech. was concerned that her polish would not dry properly and evenly if another coat was added. We certainly would have complied if we had known how upsetting this was for her. I'm confident than the technician was simply trying to preserve the quality of the service. I'm also sorry that you weren't satisfied with our polish selection. Although we are much more than just a nail salon, we do have over 130 polish shades to chose from. We work very hard to maintain a pristine, comfortable environment to our clients. We value every customer that enters our spa. I do however wish that any of these issues were brought to my attention the day of your services so that I could have had a chance to address them. We always welcome feedback from our clients and appreciate all of your input.

Jeanna

Reviewed 29 December 2015

I had a facial and it was absolute heaven! Clean, professional and truly luxurious! Looking to go back on a regular basis for facials and other treatments.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 October 2015

Had a anti aging facial.it was so beneficial,and felt great.beth was wonderful.i have had many facials she was great.she massaged my arms put hot gloves on my hands,she massaged my shoulders and neck area.this is besides my main facial massage which was wonderful .they have a changing room,with lockers,showers,and necessity items if you want to freshen up.also in the lounge which is small but comfy seating,coffee,water,nuts,crackers,jelly and teas.really nice.they also have products to sell,and clothes,and jewlery.i really enjoyed my visit.pricy,maybe,but I have no complaints a great facial worth every penny.thank you Beth.