“Nothing Special”

Black Raspberry Pub
Ranked #89 of 222 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 2 November 2016

When we arrived there was a strong odor, a couple in my party thought it was mothballs I thought it was a mix of old beer and dirt. We ordered 2 appetizers, the spicy peanut chicken wings were good, the sliders were a very thin piece of well done burger and the pizza was just ok. We asked for coffee and was told if there was any it definitely wouldn't be fresh, WHAT? I get that it's in an old mill complex but the torn stools and floor that needs cleaning just say old & worn to me. Good part was the bathroom was very clean. Don't know if I'll go back again but if I do I would try an entrée instead of pizza and apps.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

Went on a Tuesday night with 4 adults and 2 teenagers. It was half price pizza night. The pizza was delicious. We ordered 4 appetizers (nachos were huge!), 8 cocktails, two sodas and 5 pizza's. Service was bad, slow and we had to hunt the server down twice. Three of us could not finish the pizzas, one person had 1 piece left so we asked for take out boxes. We got 3 boxes, yes they put the one piece in a separate box, where as all the pieces could have fit into one box if the server had asked. When we got the bill we were charged $3.00 for the take out boxes. When we questioned this she said it's because the pizza was half price and besides it says it on the bottom of the bill. Well, I wouldn't have know about this until after we got bill. She should have mentioned this when we asked for the boxes instead of charging us a box for one piece of pizza. Then when we got home we rechecked the bill and we only got half price pizza for two of the pizzas. Food was good, but know before you go, don't expect good service and check your bill before you pay. No, we didn't go back to complain as we didn't want to seem cheap, but maybe we should have if they do this all the time.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Love the Prime rib. The service is great and all were very pleasant. Only problem..the band plays while your eating and you can't have a conversation. Would be nice if they waited until 8 to start the band on Friday nights. Not sure about other nights, have only been there on Fridays.

1  Thank Lois P
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for great food along with great service, check this place out! Their bar style pizza and fresh (never frozen) wings and burgers, are AMAZING! (as well as everything else on the menu.) great food, friendly service and cool atmosphere makes for an amazing experience all around! plus they have HUGE fresh prime rib on Friday nights! 5 stars across the board!

2  Thank AnitaButt
Reviewed 14 July 2016

We go in on Friday nights with another couple for the pizza and beer special and listen to the band for about an hour or so..
well this Friday night they ran out of the beer that comes with the special so we ask to speak to the manager, The owners daughter.. Well she could not have been any RUDER to us.. we just asked for the regular deal and she refused us and was "very pissy" with us! We told her we would leave if she could not help us out as they ran out of the beer that comes with the special.. Guess what, she could care less about us as we were leaving she was actually smiling as we walked out the door??? Not sure I would call that Customer service! she just lost 4 customers over $1.50 and I will gladly let all of my friends and family know just how she helped us out...the door that is!!
There goes yet another regular Customer all for $1.50 Pretty sad at best!!

2  Thank LRN1