“Good Food with a Smashing View”

Isaac's on the Waterfront
Ranked #21 of 215 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2018

If you are in the Plymouth area, Isaac's is a must! It's 2nd floor location overlooking beautiful Plymouth Harbor makes the view from this restaurant one of the best anywhere. It has a super bar, which is great for hanging out for a drink or dinner. Just about every table has access to the harbor view through Isaac's floor to ceiling windows. The menu is largely seafood, and the food is consistently good. NOTE: During peak tourist season parking in the area may be an issue, so be prepared to use their valet parking service.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

A family favorite for many years. Isaac's is located on the "main drag" in the waterfront area of Plymouth. Located on the second floor, you can look out to the harbor from either window tables or upper level booths. All seats are comfortable. The food is wonderful. And, they have a very friendly and helpful staff. Desserts we've tried are so-so, so we recommend having an appetizer (the clam chowder is what New England clam chowder is supposed to be like) and on the main entree. On this visit, the three us us enjoyed scrod, pork tenderloin, and seafood with linguine/marinara sauce. I have an allergy to scallops, so they gladly substituted on the seafood dish. All fresh and excellent. Portions are generous. If you are visiting Plymouth in Spring, Summer or Fall, we recommend calling ahead for reservations, particularly if you'd like a window table or upper booth.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

This is probably our 4th time going to Isaac’s for New Years, very quite probably due to the cold weather and the Patriots game being on earlier. We didn’t mind the quiet and absolutely loved our meals as usual. Perfect spot both in the summer and winter don’t forget about Isaac’s one of Plymouth’s best restaurants!!!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

The hostess was attentive, our young waitress was a peach, and the food was delicious, if just a little bit overcooked. It took 40 minutes for our entrees to be served after our appetizer, but I'll give them a pass on that, because it was New Year's Eve and the house was full to capacity.

The reason I'm only giving them 4 stars instead of 5 is that when we first arrived, we were seated at a small table squeezed in a corner at the back end of the bar next to a rack of glassware. The space was so small that we had to pull the table forward for my wife to be seated, but then my chair was hitting people at the bar. And the noise level! The hostess graciously moved us to a better table.

My complaint is against the owners and upper management who put that table behind the bar. It tells me that they no longer view diners a guests, just numbers on the spreadsheet.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We went to celebrate my mother’s oldest living relative 97th birthday, so it was going to be a extra special lunch. We were promptly seated and escorted to a corner table with the best panoramic ocean view I’ve ever had the pleasure to sit at while eating at Isaac’s. I had requested in my reservations the very best table and we got it, thank you so very much, because you don’t turn 97 every day. Our waitress came over promptly, explained all specials, gave bread and water, took drink orders and delivered them, then our meal orders were taken. Efficient ,friendly and timely because we were getting hungry. Our food arrived all together, it came hot, beautify presented, delicious and plentiful. We all took home doggie bags. I ordered the baked seafood casserole that had shrimp, scallops and lobster baked with a delicious butter ritz cracker crust on top. It was served with the most perfectly cooked baked Potato (it was huge) and their butternut squash is so good, just the right amount of spice, brown sugar and butter, yummy. I tried the baked haddock, the fried seafood platter too, All entree were amazing can’t say enough good things about this establishment, so glad they are still in the game of keeping it real. Good food for a good price serviced by a sincerely nice wait staff. Our party of 5 and the birthday girl truly enjoyed our meal, view and afternoon at Issac’s, Thank You!!