“Not disappointed”

The Driftwood Publick House
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American, German, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: The Driftwood Publick House offers a variety of in-house quality food and boasts the best selection of beer, wine and spirits from around the world; located in the heart of downtown Plymouth, MA
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Saw Driftwood on Guy Fiori's diners, drive-ins and dives and I live on the south shore, so thought it was worth a trip. The stuffed pretzels are very good - and so is the short rib Shepard's pie. They also have some unique local beers on tap. It's a small place and they have live music on Saturday night starting at 9pm. It got to be very loud (we were there with friends and wanted to talk) so we left. Oyster soup was also a highlight.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We are local and used to come here often. I believe they had a change in ownership about 8 months ago. That's the rumor. I have to say this place has steadily gone down in quality over that time.

I used to come here for the quahog chowder and steak n cheese pretzel a lot. Nothing paired better with beer. However, the last 2 times we came here the chowder had very few quahogs and the pretzel was horrible. Like they forgot how to make it. BOTH times! It was mostly dough and the steak they're now using is inferior and wicked fatty. Just gross!

They used to make an very good burger. I ordered it medium. It came out very well done. We sent it back. The next one was rare. The sweet potato fries were inedible.

I am really sad because this was a favorite of ours. We will not be back. We have given it a few chances and it seems to be consistently bad. Even the beer selection has dwindled considerably.

1  Thank Kentrosi
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Being that this place is literally 198 feet from my home, it’s nice and close for a quick bite and tasty brew. My wife loves the famous stuffed pretzels and I like to mix it up. Started with a nice cold Cisco brewer draft, and decided on the ‘everyday burger and wifey got her usual cheese stuffed pretzel. The burger was great oozing with grilled onions, with a touch of ranch and a nice tasty, buttered bun. The ribbon fries added a nice touch to the total deal, engulfing half the dish. Typically get the solid oyster chowder, my wife was very happy with her crispy stuffed pretzel, pure comfort to her palate, not leaving a crumb.From the outside, it looks is a bit intimidating but the servers are all friendly and when they have entertainment it’s an added plus. A lot of Burger choices in town and a good surprise.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We had a late lunch of the "special burger" and falafel burger. Food was good. Service was good, but the kitchen was slow. We ordered a side salad as an extra, but the waitress entered it as a substitute for the ribbon fries. We then ordered the fries as a side. They were good but too heavily salted for our taste. We would have preferred adding our own salt. The thin fries were almost like potato chips. The house dressing on the salad was very good. The room was loud for us, both for the OK singer playing a guitar, and the background music, when he took a break. We were not unhappy with the experience but probably won't be back soon.

1  Thank aps_73
Reviewed 5 November 2017

My husband and I went after we saw diners drive ins and dives. Clearly we saw a very old episode! This place is small, dark but some interesting but dusty stuff all over the walls. We tried to order wings, but they had none, the lady next to us tried to order chowder, but they had none. We then ordered the steak and cheese stuffed pretzel, it was okay, not really any flavor and looked no where near what we saw on the show. We also ordered the shepards pie...it was ok..dry..again no where near what we saw on the show, both items is why we drove all the way there. The ladies room was not clean and I was not happy about that. Overall, the best part of our visit were the 2 waitresses who were running the whole place, they were both super nice! I did feel bad for them having to let folks know they were out of things on menu. Parking is on street. We wish it had been better!

2  Thank KAG121