“Why did we wait so long?”
Review of Leena’s Kitchen

Leena’s Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Leena’s Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 221 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 28
Description: Welcome to Leen's Kitchen! We are excited to bring this farm to table concept to America's Hometown, Plymouth, MA! Please join us for a mealy will not soon forget.
Reviewed 18 April 2018

We only recently tried Leena's Kitchen. No good reason for the holdout (the strip mall location does not bother us at all). We've been back twice since, which is an indication of where this review is headed. First, the decor is contemporary/understated - muted and sophisticated colors, marked by distinct angles (like the backing of a seating area) and other design touches that right off told us someone here has a strong sense of aesthetics. It's just enough - not too decorated and not so spartan that it invokes a chill. Second, the service - from the bus person to the waitstaff to the bartender to the managers - was uniformly high-level professional, warm, and accommodating. It was immediately clear that their mission was to make us feel welcome. One simple example - we split a beet salad (fabulous, by the way) and it was brought to us on separate plates, without any tacky service fee tacked on. We didn't need to ask for two plates. It was a promising sign of what was to follow. We're vegetarians (one of us does eat fish) and Leena's Kitchen is one of the few restaurants in the area that thinks way beyond veggie burger or veggie rollup when it comes to guests who prefer not to eat meat. In fact, neither of those tired options is on the menu here. For starters, the bread is wonderful. It's kind of stunning how many restaurants can't get that right (you know, first impressions and all that).
On one visit, we tried the gnocchi - firm and not at all pasty, like it can be, and served with a red sauce that stands up with our gold standard for the Plymouth area - Tuscany Tavern.
On another visit, we sampled a few sides - including a mushroom risotto that in a larger portion size easily could be a winning entree. A lightly-fried eggplant rollup was amazingly satisfying - crispy and robust, not greasy. The ultra-thin, properly grilled asparagus topped it off.
The beer selection is varied and smartly-chosen (we opted for the hard-to-find locally Castle Island American IPA, which at $7, in a cool, very tall glass, was fairly priced. The wine list, especially the reds, also impressed - and there are options in the $10 range. (Too many restaurants have made $12 the baseline, even for mediocre wines). Leena's is now one of our few go-to places in the Plymouth area. It's not inexpensive, but you won't leave feeling cheated. Not even close. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Mealtimeguy

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience tonight. Pate was incredible. Tartare delicious. Bolognese, with homemade pasta, amazing, both regular and gluten-free. We'll go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Leenas kitchen Plymouth MA. My wife and I had date night tonight so we made a reservation at Leenas kitchen in Plymouth. When we first arrived they brought us to a high top near the bar however we specifically asked for a low top when we made the reservation. They gave us a little attitude and said it wasn’t marked but finally gave us a low table. It was all up hill from there. Our waiters name was Macey he was tremendous. I started off with a half dozen oysters on the half shell on a bed of ice they came with three sauces each with an eye dropper thought that as a nice touch. My wife started with the scampi appetizer she said the pasta was definitely homemade. They also brought over two pieces of seafood ceviche in clam shells that were so fresh. My wife had the pork Milanese over roasted potato purée and roasted cauliflower with capers and lemon, she said the pork was so tender. I had the salmon with lobster mashed potatoes, I was just expecting potatoes with a little lobster flavor but it literally had a whole tail. I would say there was more lobster then potato. I said to my wife I wonder if I know someone in the kitchen it was that much lobster. Amazing dish. And for dessert we had the banana bread pudding with caramel sea salt gelato which was delicious! The only down side was we waited a long time in between courses we sat at 7:30 and didn’t leave till about 9:40 and trust me we are not slow eaters. Don’t get me wrong I loved the time with my wife but it was a long time. Over all a great restaurant and we will be back soon. A must try!!

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Second time here and it didn’t disappoint. The ambiance is great. Had a loud couple next to us that detracted somewhat from the evening, but difficult to blame the restaurant for that.
Minor issues only. I like my lamb a little less cooked and the bananas foster was underwhelming. The Oysters Rockefeller were fabulous and the Shrimp Scampi was perfectly cooked and seasoned.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Best food on the south shore. Delicious drinks apps and entrees. Really is a great spot. Would highly recommend. Didn’t get 5 stars only because we had to wait about 30 minutes even with a reservation.