“Grace is the best.”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Pittsfield
Newport, Rhode Island, United States
“Grace is the best.”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Every time I stay here, the service gets better. Grace is a wonderful host and goes above and beyond her job to make sure my stay is as pleasant as it can be. My room is always ready, even when I check in early, and they don't fuss when I have to check out late. Whether it is an overnight trip or a week long stay, I always feel welcome and well taken care of.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Wiscasset, Maine
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We weren't thrilled with the bathroom ... shower needed to be cleaned better, but the staff was over the top good!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Spent the evening in Pittsfield while seeing a relative in a theatre production at the Colonial. While the hotel was within walking distance to the theatre, I still can't figure out what else would warrant the over $200.00 a night fee. We were charged $6.00 for parking and the room had no microwave or fridge. The staff was friendly, the room clean and the bed super comfy, but the whole experience seemed very overpriced to me, especially when you consider that the town itself seemed a bit odd. Although there didn't seem to be a good selection of hotels in the area, I would definitely look elsewhere if I need to make another trip.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Grace at the front desk knows my work schedule better than the employees in my company do.

Also, she went out of her way to send a parcel to my home that was mis-delivered to the hotel after I checked out.

Grace and the other employees here consistently go above and beyond.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield played an important part in helping us deal with the devastation that hit our home and our town after the Oct. 29 snow storm left us without power and trees down all around us. We stayed one night in the dark and freezing conditions and decided that we needed to get out the next day. Because the storm had affected so many communities, the closest hotel we could find was 60 miles away, and we chose the Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield. We made the right choice. You really appreciate the conveniences of home when they are taken from you, and staying at the Crowne Plaza was like home away from home. We arrived to be welcomed by the friendly staff, covered parking onsite, and a warm, clean and comfortable room. My husband stated that the mattress was the most comfortable he had ever slept on compared to any hotel we've ever stayed at. I have to say the breakfast buffet was one of the best we've had anywhere, and servers went out of their way to provide us with anything we needed. Dinner at the hotel was also very good. We originally booked 2 nights, but extended to a third night which we were concerned would not be available, but the front desk staff was so accommodating and made the room available, despite the continuing influx of people affected by the storm, having to drive long distances to find a place to stay. The fourth day we checked out in the hopes we could find some place closer to home or that maybe our power would be back on, as we were commuting back and forth to work each day. When we checked out, Grace at the front desk was pleased we had truly enjoyed our stay and welcomed us to come back again, making certain that we mention we had been there before as a result of the October snowstorm. I would definitely recommend the Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield to anyone who is traveling in the area. I hope we don't have to experience weather such as this again, but you never know in New England. If it does, I know where I'm going. Thank you Crowne Plaza, Pittsfield!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
4.9 km away
Yankee Inn
#6 of 16 in Lenox
13.4 km away
Vacation Village in the Berkshires

Been to Crowne Plaza Pittsfield? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK