Berkshire Plaza Hotel
EconoLodge
Berkshire Inn(Pittsfield)
US$ 88
Hotels.com
Yankee Suites Extended Stay(Pittsfield)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
US$ 49
US$ 47
US$ 61
US$ 61
All reviewsbreakfast buffetquiet flooromelet stationrevenue managerbit wornindoor poolthe hotel staffberkshire museumdowntown areaone night staycomfortable stayconvenient locationjiminy peakgracepoolsidecolonialski
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We weren't thrilled with the bathroom ... shower needed to be cleaned better, but the staff was over the top good!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Spent the evening in Pittsfield while seeing a relative in a theatre production at the Colonial. While the hotel was within walking distance to the theatre, I still can't figure out what else would warrant the over $200.00 a night fee. We were charged $6.00 for parking and the room had no microwave or fridge. The staff was friendly, the room clean and the bed super comfy, but the whole experience seemed very overpriced to me, especially when you consider that the town itself seemed a bit odd. Although there didn't seem to be a good selection of hotels in the area, I would definitely look elsewhere if I need to make another trip.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Grace at the front desk knows my work schedule better than the employees in my company do.

Also, she went out of her way to send a parcel to my home that was mis-delivered to the hotel after I checked out.

Grace and the other employees here consistently go above and beyond.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield played an important part in helping us deal with the devastation that hit our home and our town after the Oct. 29 snow storm left us without power and trees down all around us. We stayed one night in the dark and freezing conditions and decided that we needed to get out the next day. Because the storm had affected so many communities, the closest hotel we could find was 60 miles away, and we chose the Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield. We made the right choice. You really appreciate the conveniences of home when they are taken from you, and staying at the Crowne Plaza was like home away from home. We arrived to be welcomed by the friendly staff, covered parking onsite, and a warm, clean and comfortable room. My husband stated that the mattress was the most comfortable he had ever slept on compared to any hotel we've ever stayed at. I have to say the breakfast buffet was one of the best we've had anywhere, and servers went out of their way to provide us with anything we needed. Dinner at the hotel was also very good. We originally booked 2 nights, but extended to a third night which we were concerned would not be available, but the front desk staff was so accommodating and made the room available, despite the continuing influx of people affected by the storm, having to drive long distances to find a place to stay. The fourth day we checked out in the hopes we could find some place closer to home or that maybe our power would be back on, as we were commuting back and forth to work each day. When we checked out, Grace at the front desk was pleased we had truly enjoyed our stay and welcomed us to come back again, making certain that we mention we had been there before as a result of the October snowstorm. I would definitely recommend the Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield to anyone who is traveling in the area. I hope we don't have to experience weather such as this again, but you never know in New England. If it does, I know where I'm going. Thank you Crowne Plaza, Pittsfield!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I was traveling for work and brought my kids, so I chose a hotel chain as I was unsure of the B&Bs for the kids. This was great for our traveling family of 4. We LOVED this area and being in Pittsfield made it very easy to get to all the surrounding towns. (Stockbridge for Norman Rockwell's "Main St. at Christmas" and Great Barrington were our favorites!) Staff was fantastic and pool and fitness room were perfect. Breakfast buffet was average with eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage etc. but the lunch/dinner was more "hotel food". However, excellent cafe up the street "The Marketplace Cafe" EXCELLENT COFFEE!

Room Tip: The queen room with sofa was great. We also had a nice double bed room and fit 4 just fine.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family