“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Pittsfield B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

Stayed at the White Horse Inn recently - exceeded all expectations - nice rooms with king sized beds, fully up to date bathroom, gracious hosts, and excellent breakfast custom-ordered in advance.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

The breakfast was one of the best we have had at our stays around the country. The hosts are incredibly helpful and the rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

We were supposed to spend a couple of days in Pittsfield and we chose the White Horse Inn because of its charm and location, as well as the B&B atmosphere that we like. Unfortunately, a grave medical emergency prevented us from being able to fly, thus forcing us to have to cancel our trip. This review is not about the hotel itself, but about customer service: it was excellent as Gary was so understanding and gracious during what was an otherwise trying event. The White Horse Inn will certainly be our first choice when we are able to make our visit.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DaveTraveler1
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

My husband and I stayed at the White Horse Inn during January 2011 to join our friends skiing at Jiminy Peak. We booked about a week before our stay online through American Express. I spoke with the inn keeper Gary, a day before our stay to confirm our reservations and him know when we would be arriving. He was very pleasant on the phone and assured me that we could arrive at our leisure. When we arrived at the inn we were greeted very warmly and Gary gave us tour of the house. To our surprise, Gary offered us a complimentary upgrade to the room with the king size bed - which worked out very nicely since my husband is 6’4.

The room was laid out simply, but very clean and the bed was very comfy. The room had two large windows so there was lots of natural light. There was a couch, an iron, a hairdryer and small TV available. Wi-Fi is available at the inn but we had some trouble getting access, but we never ask Gary for assistance on this. The bathroom appeared to have been recently remodeled and it looked wonderful and included shampoo and soap. It was also very clean!

After my husband and I returned to inn from dinner, we had some trouble with the toilet in the bathroom. It was late (around 10pm) and as a last resort, I called Gary’s cell number which he left down stairs in the kitchen for emergencies. He promptly answered the phone and as I explained the situation, he said he would return to the house in about 20 minutes. I was extremely grateful, and after the call ended, I hurried upstairs just as my husband met me half-way to say he had already fixed the toilet. (Argh!) I called Gary back and apologized and he said it was no trouble. The rest of the night was uneventful.

In the morning we went downstairs for breakfast which was served in a very cozy sunroom next to the kitchen. The menu consisted of coffee, teas, juice, breads, fruits, cereals, and a yummy, cheesy tomato- basil frittata that Gary whipped up! That’s right, you heard me…it was delicious...we wanted to ask for seconds, but we didn't want to seem greedy since there were other guests in the house!

We had an absolutely wonderful stay and we’ll definitely return.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
Simsbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

We checked in on a Friday afternoon after skiing at Butternut Mountain. Gary, the inn keeper was there to check us in. Since it is off season, he showed us choices of rooms and we settled on what seemed to be the biggest. There was a beautiful king bed, couch, IRON and HAIRDRYER! Amenities I was hoping would be there:) The bathroom was fresh and clean feeling, something I didn't experience in my last b&b stay elsewhere. Equipped with body wash and shampoo! Everything felt crisp and clean. As the place went under renovation 6 years ago when his family and him bought the former b&b and refurbished the place. It has a modern feel, but still cozy and inn like.

He gave us menus and suggestions for all ranges of food in the area, and made us feel right at home.
The rooms are equipped with small tv's with a dvd player, and WIFI! which is great, as I always need wifi for work. Needless to say, we didn't use our tv! Were happy to not want to.

After a heavenly sleep in our king bed with down comforter! we awoke to cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee, granola, bananas, grapes, kiwi and homemade french bread style french toast with berries! so delicious. In a really nice, bright sunroom. All rooms have cute little wood chip fireplaces.
We enjoyed the outlets and snow shoed at the state park down the road, that Gary kindly suggested.

My friends and family joined us later that afternoon, and Gary was more than accommodating with their stay as well. He's young and local to the area, and very easy and nice to converse with. There is a lovely family room with books and games. We used at our leisure, as if it were our fam. room. We woke up to a really good quiche and again, great coffee. Check out was 11am which was perfect.

Overall, this place was wonderful, we didn't want to leave. Prices were lower since it was off season, and are higher in summer, as Tanglewood is right down the road. I can't wait to come back this fall and enjoy the local area of Lenox and the Berkshires.
He mentioned his mom doing the grounds work of plants and flowers, and I can only imagine it being gorgeous in the summer/spring.

I couldn't wait to write a review, and seeing as there were already positive ones across the board, this could only help the cause more! Perfect getaway with my boyfriend, his first b&b experience and he loved it!

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsfield
1.8 km away
8.2 km away
Cornell Inn Lenox
Cornell Inn Lenox
#2 of 20 in Lenox

Been to White Horse Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK