“Surprisingly good meal!”
Review of MadJacks BBQ - CLOSED

MadJacks BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 9 August 2014

It's taken a long time for my husband and I to get here; as a non-red-meat-eater, I didn't find the idea all that appealing. But we went tonight, and both had excellent meals. He had the St. Louis' ribs - the full rack actually defeated him (don't think I've seen that before), and he loved them. He did have to ask for extra sauce, but it was brought willingly and without any surcharge. I had the catfish plate, with sides of mashed potatoes and green beans - all excellent. Loved the seasoning on the catfish, and the catfish mayo. Green beans were very garlicky, but fresh and delicious.

We ate at the bar, and enjoyed Matt's service (exactly attentive enough) and his straightforward recommendations, as well as the casual atmosphere that was both friendly and private, in desired measure.

1  Thank LVPD

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Went for dinner around 7PM on a Sunday Night. They were out of baby back, spare and beef ribs, all they had left was St. Louis. One of us ordered St; Louis rib plate (4 ribs, 2 sides) with mac & cheese and slaw, the other had brisket with slaw and fries. Slaw has anise in it, which gives it a licorice flavor that we did not care for. Our waitress told us afterwards that a lot of folks have that reaction…thanks for the head's up! Fries were soggy and mediocre. Brisket was incredibly fattty; most places remove the buckle, these guys apparently don't. Ribs were low on meat and dry. Mac & cheese was fair at best. Service was fair, quick but dismissive. The owner was disappointed to hear that our meal was only OK, well if you don;t want to know, don't ask. Unlikely to return.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

A few of us were looking forward to stopping by here. When my wife and I walked in I thought we went from Pittsfield to the South walking through the door. The music set the tone along with the decor. Our waitress, Mylissa, was friendly and very helpful with any question we had. My wife had the Jumbalaya and I ordered the 2 Meats with 2 sides. I chose the Brisket and BBQ Meatloaf along with mashed potatoes and Mac and Cheese. Great idea of how the put the food on "pizza" pans with checkerboard paper. The meal was like going over to your favorite BBQ buddies house, nothing really fancy, but it tasted like "more". A few other parents that ate there also had no problem finishing their meals that they ate at the bar. The staff at the time 7/21/14 was more than friendly and made you feel like they wanted you there.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had dinner here before going to a play at the Barrington Stage Company. My wife had the brisket and I had the Carolina pulled pork. She had the sweet potato fries and cole slaw. I had baked beans and cole slaw. Everything was excellent. We were surprised at the quality of the barbecue as we are both from NC and used to really good barbecue. We also had dessert, she had the Bourbon pecan pie and I had the Key Lime cheescake. Both were very good. We would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Went by on a Sunday night, basically because most of Pittsfield was closed and this was open. We were told up front that they were our of several menu items, particually the brisket. Seem sthat they are closed on Monday so whatever they sell out of on Saturday is never restocked. Decided on the "rib sampler" which consists of four different types, 2-3 bones apiece. While we liked the baby backs, the other ribs were either way too fatty or lacking much meat. I ordered a 16 oz. beer that came in a mason jar (really a beer in a mason jar glass). I told the waitress that I was sure the jar was not 16 oz and I was assured it was. Folks, between you and I, it certainly wasn't more than 10-12 oz. Waitress was new, or just didn't know much. hadn't tried any of the ribs that they sold or knew any of the beers. What ever we asked we were told "we sell a lot of that". Just not on Sunday's apparently.