“Good and bad”
Review of MadJacks BBQ - CLOSED

MadJacks BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Went by on a Sunday night, basically because most of Pittsfield was closed and this was open. We were told up front that they were our of several menu items, particually the brisket. Seem sthat they are closed on Monday so whatever they sell out of on Saturday is never restocked. Decided on the "rib sampler" which consists of four different types, 2-3 bones apiece. While we liked the baby backs, the other ribs were either way too fatty or lacking much meat. I ordered a 16 oz. beer that came in a mason jar (really a beer in a mason jar glass). I told the waitress that I was sure the jar was not 16 oz and I was assured it was. Folks, between you and I, it certainly wasn't more than 10-12 oz. Waitress was new, or just didn't know much. hadn't tried any of the ribs that they sold or knew any of the beers. What ever we asked we were told "we sell a lot of that". Just not on Sunday's apparently.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I remembered this place from three years ago when we visited the Berkshires. It was very memorable then and again on this trip. The barbeque here is awesome. Beef ribs are a rare find in the right half of the country, but they have them here. I was dying for their ribs again. I don't eat pork ribs. The beef ribs are nervana. True, they are extremely messy (I had barbeque sauce from ear to ear and from nose to chin), but I cleaned it all off and flossed afterward. I was audibly enjoying them so much, I couldn't help recalling the Seinfeld episode after I was through where George's girlfriend and Elaine were moaning and groaning with pleasure from eating the risotto and chocolate mousse, respectively. I felt like I needed a cigarette afterward, and I don't even smoke! The baked beans and brisket were also excellent. This place is killer!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I went to MadJack's today for lunch. When we walked in we were greeted and told we could sit anywhere. We chose a comfortable booth and admired the beautiful lights on the ceiling and the pleasant atmosphere. The waitress was very nice and welcomed us to our first visit to the restaurant. I ordered the pulled pork which came with two sides and my friend had the bbq chicken chopped salad. She was able to finish her salad but I took home a good deal of delicious pulled pork because the portion was very big. All the food was excellent especially the cornbread. The cornbread was warm, moist, and I will be going back just for that!
I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a great meal at a really good price. Our meals were extremely affordable with each meal being only $10.
Awesome place!!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We went to Madjacks as a choice of a friend, I was apprehensive because I am not a BBQ fan.
What a great meal, the menu had a few things that I liked so I went ahead and ordered a Beef Brisket plate sliced thin. It was melt in your mouth delicious. My wife had Beef Etouffee , the waiter asked if she wanted it spicy or anything in between. She got it spicy. When our meals arrived, the dinners were hot and smelled great. My Brisket was plated good and I got baked beans and macs and cheese as my sides. The Etoufffe did not come with sides but a order of sweet potato fries was ordered. For drinks I got a lemonade with whiskey which was a little too sweet for me. I would recommend this restaurant again, and will try it again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We ordered our food to go. Got back to our place and our liquidy sides ran onto our fries causing them to be soggy, we are literally a block away. This isn't real bbq, I'm sorry. We were very disappointed, I could have baked chicken in the oven and just squirted bbq sauce on it and came out better. It has no smoke taste at all. The slaw tasted like licorice. The beans were pretty good I guess. If u like sweets the corn bread is cake. Just feel ripped off. Wishing I would have cooked now.....my hubby is eating cereal bc he couldn't eat his meal. We are from the south maybe it's a southern thing idk.