All reviews continental breakfast room was clean bagels huge pool cape cod bike trail within walking distance great bakery shower head was very low wood view pool area the location is perfect nice breakfast rooms are small skaket beach private deck christmas tree shop
Reviewed 26 July 2018

I was invited to a wedding at Ocean Edge Resort but staying there was way out of my price range. I knew I'd be spending most of my time there, so I was looking for a basic motel room to sleep and shower in. My only criteria was that it was clean and had air conditioning. Yes, it was clean and the air conditioning worked well. Bonus points for a very comfortable bed. I didn't go out to the pool area, but it looked nice from my room. The place was as expected for the price....decor was very dated with a lot of wear. Only 2 electrical outlets were easily accessible and were on the vanity so I was constantly swapping chargers with the hair dryer etc. Phone had to charge on the vanity which meant no snoozing the alarm, had to get out of bed to shut it off. But all of that was OK given the room price. There were two things that I consider more serious. The first was the heavy use of air freshener. I know places like this can have problems with musty smells, but unfortunately I'm allergic to scents and spent a lot of time blowing my nose and sneezing. I have been home for days and can still smell the scent on my non-washable belongings. And the last and most serious concern was the stairs up to my room from the parking lot. Old cement and cracked wooden 4 x 4's. No railing. Very uneven. Suitcase wheels kept getting stuck. Definitely a safety hazard and the reason for the 2 rating.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Aerlynn
David R, General Manager at Governor Prence Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thanks Aerlynn for letting us know your opinion regarding your recent stay.
We appreciate your comments and will incorporate your thoughts on things which could be improved--going forward.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Amidst our exploration of Cape Cod, we stayed at this hotel last minute and I've got to say, amazing hotel! The front desk woman moved mountains to get us in for 2 nights and it was all downhill from there. The room was spotless (those housekeepers must be machines), the property was beautiful and quiet, but the kicker was that we didn't empty our bank account like some other places wanted us to. The decor's a bit worn, exterior needs a little work. We're not home decorators, we just needed a clean room to sleep in that was reasonably priced and we got it. Thanks you Governor Prence Inn staff, you are true quality.

Room Tip: Bring your bikes! I wish we had brought ours, the bike trail runs right through the back of the property.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank canunick
David R, General Manager at Governor Prence Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thanks canunick for your insights regarding your recent stay here. I'm glad that you agree that we have a friendly staff--- and provide our visitors with clean rooms at a great value!
We hope that you will get the opportunity to return here again-- in the future!

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We stayed with a group at The Governor Prince for 3 nights while waiting for our rental here in Orleans. It was a very cozy place and our rooms were very clean. The pool was clear, the staff was beyond accommodating and they even had a little breakfast in the "cranberry room." The place is a bit dated and it was very busy but all and all, it was a great experience.

Room Tip: We had a room in the "court yard" and it was very nice
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank markemark2018
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Stayed w/ my parents for one night, and I loved the location of the Inn. They do offer a nice breakfast in am, and the pool is nice. Reason for my rating is because of the following: spider webs all along window curtain w/ bugs, so I had to clean that up before I would sleep there. The room had a musty smell which we determined came from the mattresses & flooring. The bathroom didn’t have any electrical outlets, the tub had soft spots so will need to be replaced soon. The faucet was lose & needs repairing. The artwork on walls had layers of dust on them that proves they haven’t been cleaned in quite some time. The bedskirts had stains on them so they must not get laundered often enough.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank wrkplay32
David R, General Manager at Governor Prence Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

We're sorry wrkply32 that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay here with us.
I'm very glad to see that you enjoyed our pool, breakfast and location!
Please know that we do read and value feedback from our guests. It is better--however -- in my opinion--- to give us your feedback in person--in real time--when we can actually respond --and rectify any situation which you--our guest-- find unsatisfactory. It is much more difficult for us to correct issues which we are not made aware of-- until after a guests departs.
Going forward--All of us here will continue to work hard to try to ensure that our rooms are always clean and comfortable--and we will continue to try to make sure that all of our guests leave here happy!

Reviewed 6 July 2018

I got over 20 bug bites on my body after staying for 4 nights this week. I thought they were mosquito bites since I have never got bed bug bites in my entire life. I complaint to my friend after I got back. But my friend suspects that they are bed bug bites because the bite marks are small, not as big as mosquito bites and do not swell as bad as mosquito bites. Now I am really concerned if I have brought any bed bugs back to home. I just spent my whole night washing all of my clothes and steaming my luggage. This is very annoying and such as a headache after vacation. The following are what I do not like about this place, but they are still tolerable except the bed bugs. I wish that I have checked my bed at the site. Please make sure that you check your beds before your bring your personal stuffs into the room.

1) We booked this hotel because it was indicated as Inn. That is very misleading. We feel that it is just a motel.
2) The bathtub faucet was leaking water, so we had to close the door at night to avoid the noise.
3) We can hear our neighbor taking shower very clearly, which interrupted our sleep because they came back very late.
4) This motel needs significant updates, carpet, TV, mattresses are so old. When we toss and turn, we can hear the mattress squeaking.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jennllei

We are sorry jennlei that you did not enjoy your stay here with us. We work very hard to ensure that our guests DO feel that they had a good experience here.
FYI-- jennlei we do have our rooms inspected on a regular basis (monthly)--by an independent pest control company. The owners and I made the decision to do this many years ago-- because we knew that it was of the upmost importance to ensure that our guests would be safe from these pests.
It is unfortunate that you chose not to share your concerns with us while you were still here--so that we could have done whatever you felt was necessary to try to make sure that you did enjoy your stay here. All of us here do try very hard to make sure that our guest's do enjoy their time with us--which is a big part of the reason why we continue to welcome back many,many repeat guest--who have become like old friends-- as well as many new guests-- who do enjoy both our facility and the hospitality that we have offered visitors to Orleans for over 45+ years.